Danny Drinkwater

StefanAVFC

On 08/01/2020 at 22:04, bannedfromHandV said:

Defo can’t be worse on the ball than our current midfield options......if he is then we’ve really outdone ourselves this time.

Why did you have to go and say that? Lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Laughable Chimp said:

So, why did we get a player in who won't be useful to us until at least 3 months from now? 

Because we made two bad decisions, firstly to sign him and then secondly to pick him. Bottom line is this loan was a mistake.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Laughable Chimp said:

So, why did we get a player in who won't be useful to us until at least 3 months from now? 

You're asking the wrong poster. I certainly didn't want him and didn't see it as any sort of coup.

No hiding place thrown in v Man. City though as they exposed anyone off the pace in a game and he's not the only one out there like that in C&b.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

I said last night 'I don't think he'll be starting games any time soon', and people piled in to say 'I expect him to start tomorrow', and fair play they were right and I was wrong. Now we're seeing why I *should* have been right. How was he ever going to be ready to start, when he's barely kicked a ball all year, and can't have had more than 3 training sessions with his new teammates? We've stuck him straight in as if we've signed Pirlo FF.

Think issue is Marvelous has been so bad recently he's just played himself out and we do need more experience throughout the team.

Ultimately this window we will need to sign 2-3 who haven't just been warming the subs bench for over six months. That's why links to likes of Benteke and Murray are also worrying me a lot. It sends out the wrong signals for the sort of club we want to be in 18 months time.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Think issue is Marvelous has been so bad recently he's just played himself out and we do need more experience throughout the team.

Ultimately this window we will need to sign 2-3 who haven't just been warming the subs bench for over six months. That's why links to likes of Benteke and Murray are also worrying me a lot. It sends out the wrong signals for the sort of club we want to be in 18 months time.

Absolutely - our business so far this window has been exactly the same as our January business under Lambert used to be, and we fundamentally look like a club who are hoping for a miracle, but preparing for the worst.

All the stuff about 'looking in Drinkwater's eyes and seeing the hunger for getting back to his best' or whatever it was, it was so reminiscent of the shit that was said when we signed Grant Holt.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Absolutely - our business so far this window has been exactly the same as our January business under Lambert used to be, and we fundamentally look like a club who are hoping for a miracle, but preparing for the worst.

All the stuff about 'looking in Drinkwater's eyes and seeing the hunger for getting back to his best' or whatever it was, it was so reminiscent of the shit that was said when we signed Grant Holt.

Yeah summer 2014 we signed likes of Joe Cole, Richardson, Senderos and then following summer likes of Lescott and Richards. Drinkwater is in that category in that his career is massively on the decline now yet we think we can get it going again. He'll go the same way as those five.

Think there are some overreactions in here. The shocker for the second goal aside (and poor defending on the first but with a whole defence still between Mahrez and the goal) he’s done ok. Can actually control and pass it unlike most of the team. Nightmare debut for sure but you can see signs of the talent. Just hope it’s not like Pires where you could see the talent but it was years out of date!

• Like 1

4.9 rating on whoscored at half-time, Jesus **** christ that's bad. Might be the first time I've seen anyone gain a rating below 5.0 at any point in any match.

Edit: Oh no wait, Nyland also has a 4.9 rating. Make that twice I've ever seen something like this.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

Shouldn't be starting but that is Smith for you. No match fitness, hand full of training sessions and against one of the best PL teams of.all time. Pick N Mix 11. 

Staggeringly poor management. Destroy a player before he even gets going.

Feel sorry for the word removed.

Â