Danny Drinkwater

StefanAVFC

36 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

But on the other hand we may have weighed up the benefit of giving him some game time in a game we weren't likely to win to help get him up to speed.  Obviously it turned into a nightmare for him but he wasnt alone today.  He has a week to work hard in training on the back of this.

You have to consider the man management aspect, of it, though.

A good run out would do him some good, but that's what the u23s are for. Debuting him like that is a properly shit way to introduce a player to the club.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

You have to consider the man management aspect, of it, though.

A good run out would do him some good, but that's what the u23s are for. Debuting him like that is a properly shit way to introduce a player to the club.

Obviously it looks daft when you get battered 6-1 but going into the Brighton game I'd prefer him to have 70 competitive minutes under his belt than not (I'm not sure under 23s can compare).  Of course I don't really know how strong mentally he is but it's down to Dean and JT to pick all the players up after this, not just Drinkwater.

• Like 3

His passing at least was crisp when he had some energy. It’s not his fault we lost today. Should have come on in the last fifteen minutes unless our standards of fitness are so poor that he looked good in training. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Still our best midfield player today.

We are very, very poor in midfield.

Thought Nakamba was tbh, he actually made tackles. 

• Like 1

Was ok if nothing earth shattering until the goal. Looked a bit more confident than our other CMs and passed crisply. Then they upped the tempo and the wheels fell off.

He might be useful once he's up to speed. But today it was obvious he's rusty and not 100%. Made worse by playing in a new side in a game where it's going to get spanked. At least he got some minutes I guess.

• Like 2

I think I am in the vast minority on here but I thought he was very good today, particularly in the first half. I hadn’t realised how good he was technically, there was a reason that Chelsea paid £30m for him. He dictated the play in the first half, he was spraying it around beautifully, he keeps his place for the next game for me. I can’t understand some of the comments in this thread

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think I am in the vast minority on here but I thought he was very good today, particularly in the first half. I hadn’t realised how good he was technically, there was a reason that Chelsea paid £30m for him. He dictated the play in the first half, he was spraying it around beautifully, he keeps his place for the next game for me. I can’t understand some of the comments in this thread

I was surpised how good he was technically, he just is not match fit 

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I certainly don’t think he was that good but neither was he as bad as some seem to suggest 

• Like 1

Â