Unpopular Opinions

maqroll

Well it was either here, or 'Things You Don't Get'. 

'Detectorists' is nothing special. 

So many people have raved about it to me, best thing on TV and all that. Well, admittedly I've only watched a couple of episodes, but... it's OK, nothing more. Mildly amusing, sure. But am I moved to keep watching? Nope. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 03/12/2022 at 17:51, Rds1983 said:

You could ask the Birmingham 6 (I think some are still alive) what they think about it and if they'd have preferred to have been executed. 

You can always release an innocent man who has been locked up and try to make it up to him. 

You can't bring someone back from the dead. 

The death penalty would be used for the most extreme cases, but by nature these are the cases with the most pressure and likelihood of something going wrong. 

My Gran was absolutely convinced the Birmingham 6 were guilty. 

Why was she so certain about this? Because of the big smiles on their faces when they were released. 

I could tell other stories about her. This opinion was one of her more redeeming features. 

• Haha 1

On 27/12/2022 at 17:17, mjmooney said:

Well it was either here, or 'Things You Don't Get'. 

'Detectorists' is nothing special. 

So many people have raved about it to me, best thing on TV and all that. Well, admittedly I've only watched a couple of episodes, but... it's OK, nothing more. Mildly amusing, sure. But am I moved to keep watching? Nope. 

It's probably because there are literally no decent sitcoms anymore. It's a dead format, so the bar isn't exactly high. 

• Like 2

On 10/12/2022 at 02:51, TheAuthority said:

I remember you "pressed play on tape" and went outside for an hour while the game loaded 🤣

I assume you are only talking about your 5th attempt to load said game? 

• Like 1

On 10/12/2022 at 17:34, PussEKatt said:

Actually carrots ( and all other veges ) are very,very unhealthy for you.A survey was done in the USA and it was discovered that out of 10,000 people that died, 9,999 had eaten veges in the week leading up to their death.

Just playing catch up on this thread, but I'm surprised you've all let this statement slide.

38 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Just playing catch up on this thread, but I'm surprised you've all let this statement slide.

Sorry, it was dark when I read it so I couldn't see very well. 

Â