Unpopular Opinions

maqroll

Just now, BOF said:

I believe that almost cost Mick Hucknall his marriage.

I suppose,if it went on long enough it could cost.Luckly I went off gingernuts after about a year,too hard and the wife started drinking coffee.

4 hours ago, Seat68 said:

No biscuit that is coated in chocolate on a single side, or entirely covered in chocolate is good for dunking. The exception is the jaffa cake and that's a cake. I am going to say it, I would ban chocolate being an external coating to a biscuit, partial or fully.

Where do you stand on Bourbons?

(yes, I know what I’ve set up there)

Technically, the biscuit is infused with a dark chocolate integral to the biscuit. It also then has the chocolate flavoured cream substance. Now I know under your definition the cream is acceptable since you have referenced the acceptability of custard creams.

But is the chocolate infused Bourbon in, or out?

I appreciate that to the casual reader, this might look similar to the pedantry some people perceived around the chicken breakfast debate. 

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Technically, the biscuit is infused with a dark chocolate integral to the biscuit. It also then has the chocolate flavoured cream substance. Now I know under your definition the cream is acceptable since you have referenced the acceptability of custard creams.

I appreciate that to the casual reader, this might look similar to the pedantry some people perceived around the chicken breakfast debate. 

only acceptable way to eat a bourbon is to break it so you are left with two biscuits , one fully coated in cream and one plain  ... unless you are a rank amateur  and some how end up with cream on both biscuits

then you  scrape your our teeth along the cream side to just eat the chocolate cream , then eat the two biscuits  ( same applies to custard creams) 

no dunking involved and it should be actively discouraged , like anyone caught doing it gets sent to Sheffield to live  

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 2

Just now, tonyh29 said:

only acceptable way to eat a bourbon is to break it so you are left with two biscuits , one fully coated in cream and one plain  , unless you are a rank amateur   

the you  scrape your our teeth along the cream side to just eat the chocolate cream , then eat the two biscuits  ( same applies to custard creams) 

no dunking involved and it should be actively discouraged , like anyone caught doing it gets sent to Surrey to live  

You were doing so well, too :mrgreen: 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I feel I was very specific so as not to rule out the chocolate infused bourbon, bourbon is great for dunking, cover that in chocolate, basically making it a relative of the penguin, and then that's a show stopper for me. I would by all means eat it, but its a no dunk biscuit if it ever went down that route.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Eat a chocolate hob-nob.

Then sit there, and have a good think about what you've done.

A chocolate hob nob is based on taste alone, an upper tier biscuit, but as a dunker, its the work of satan

There's no such a thing as a bad hob-nob, essentially we're talking about a scale that starts at "exceptional" and goes up to "spectacular". 

I remember the moment I first saw a packet of fully-covered chocolate hob-nobs.

Elroy Community GIF - Elroy Community Those Bastards - Discover & Share GIFs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

Clearly this will be unpopular. Normal Hob Nobs far are better than their chocolate coated dwarven relatives that clearly smoked to much in the factory as they never reached maturity

that's because The Plain ones are made in Scotchland and the chocolate ones made in Harlesdon  ..

it's almost certain the plain ones will therefore have crack in them as one of the ingredients 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Seat68 said:

No biscuit that is coated in chocolate on a single side, or entirely covered in chocolate is good for dunking. The exception is the jaffa cake and that's a cake. I am going to say it, I would ban chocolate being an external coating to a biscuit, partial or fully.

The Online Supermarket for British & Irish Expats

Possibly in different packaging now, but these are the absolute kings of the dunking.  You can hold them in for a full 30 secs or so and there's no going floppy or chocolate running off or anything.

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

The Online Supermarket for British & Irish Expats

Possibly in different packaging now, but these are the absolute kings of the dunking.  You can hold them in for a full 30 secs or so and there's no going floppy or chocolate running off or anything.

If I dunk I want a little floppiness, slightly floppy lets say but still with a bit of structure, not flaccid, a coating of chocolate stops that happening.

Just now, Seat68 said:

If I dunk I want a little floppiness, slightly floppy lets say but still with a bit of structure, not flaccid, a coating of chocolate stops that happening.

They're the KINGS of DUNKING.

Go try them.  And then bask in the glory.

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

They're the KINGS of DUNKING.

Go try them.  And then bask in the glory.

Bobzy, if these disappoint, I will follow you round this site for a week with inappropriate reactions, but I will give these a try and report back on my findings.

• Thanks 1

Â