Unpopular Opinions

maqroll

45 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

that's because The Plain ones are made in Scotchland and the chocolate ones made in Harlesdon  ..

it's almost certain the plain ones will therefore have crack in them as one of the ingredients 

Clearly Plain Hob Nobs are a tribute to Nicola Sturgeon and there is absolutely no way I want to eat that

18 minutes ago, bobzy said:

The Online Supermarket for British & Irish Expats

Possibly in different packaging now, but these are the absolute kings of the dunking.  You can hold them in for a full 30 secs or so and there's no going floppy or chocolate running off or anything.

Those look like someone over-engineered a stroopwafel.

They taste like someone made a stroopwaffel but much better.

Plain hobnobs over Chocolate hobnobs for me but both are elite tier biscuits. I don't go much for dunking more. Too much sodden biscuit at the bottom of the drink 

Remember having lotus biscoff biscuits dunked in glasses of milk though as a kid

Edited by theunderstudy

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

The Online Supermarket for British & Irish Expats

Possibly in different packaging now, but these are the absolute kings of the dunking.  You can hold them in for a full 30 secs or so and there's no going floppy or chocolate running off or anything.

Their gingerbread flavour at Christmas time is one of the best biscuits out there 

don’t know how they are for dunking though as I’m far too civilised for that  :) 

1 hour ago, theunderstudy said:

Plain hobnobs over Chocolate hobnobs for me but both are elite tier biscuits.

You need to get your hands in the coconut macaroon  flavoured hob nobs , they are the business 

all you coconut haters out there can pipe down 😛

• Like 1

I rarely have a biscuit with my tea, and even more seldom do I dunk.

Wouldn’t feel inclined to dunk a chocolate biscuit as I think they’re too nice. My thinking is that something like a rich tea or a plain digestive are boring enough to warrant being livened up with a dunking.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Seat68 said:

No biscuit that is coated in chocolate on a single side, or entirely covered in chocolate is good for dunking. The exception is the jaffa cake and that's a cake. I am going to say it, I would ban chocolate being an external coating to a biscuit, partial or fully.

I'm a laid back kind of guy, but this unprovoked attack on biscuits has tipped me over the edge.

You have just made a very powerful enemy. 

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

You need to get your hands in the coconut macaroon  flavoured hob nobs , they are the business 

I am currently collecting wood to make your Wicker Man

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

They are really my equivalent of crack

Yeah same I don't think I've ever turned one down when offered. Superb

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

I have never seen these anywhere. Who does them?

4 hours ago, El Zen said:

Biscuits are, generally and mostly, a waste of calories. 

Depending on how active a person is, they need between 12 and 15 calories per pound body-weight per day, and therefore if a typical chocolate biscuit is 100 calories, say, then over time a person will be carrying up to eight pounds of excess weight, if they eat a single biscuit per day.

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

Bounty Bars are my favourite. There, I said it. 

Rain down your vitriol on me everyone! It tastes like coconut and it is awesome.

• Like 3

It’s not often I buy chocolate bars, so it’s not like I have a favourite. Is there a Twirl going spare? Great I like those. Oh, it’s actually a Wispa Gold? Equally great. Purely in terms of enjoyment levels, they’re mostly interchangeable.

But I enjoy a Bounty from a Celebrations box. I never used to like them, tastes change I guess. 

There’s very few chocolate bars that I actually dislike. There probably is one, but I can’t think of it.

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Good to know, the wife likes hob knobs (kW) so I picked up a pack last week

And I've said this before but if you like chocolate biscuits then get down your local polish shop cos jezyki won't be beat, also pick up wedel chocolate while you're there, wedel got lucky kraft dropped them in favour of cadburys, milka and the way inferior marabou

Â