Unpopular Opinions

maqroll

5 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

That bird that does the chat shows on sky news is the best. Blonde hair. Forgot her name now. 

Sara Jane Mee? Used to be on Central? Obvs I could be wrong as I don't watch Sky.

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

DHUTWU. But that would be the only thing I could get away with saying on here 😈

Sadly for you, she's more likely to get her assistant to tie you up and suspend you from a beam, then she can flick peanuts at you all day

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

If I didn’t know she was Satan incarnate then from the shoulders up maybe, but when you see her in full profile she’s very dumpy and out of proportion.  

She's almost square, it's quite bizarre really.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I am sorry but Shout by Tears for Fears is a really great song and tears for Fears are a very underrated band (generally I mean, not just on here where they will likely be hated)

• Like 1

Just now, sidcow said:

I am sorry but Shout by Tears for Fears is a really great song and tears for Fears are a very underrated band (generally I mean, not just on here where they will likely be hated)

In the right context, I agree with this take.

(The only right context is a karaoke room with a good group of friends after many rounds of beers)

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Another Depeche Mode. A handful of good songs, devoted set of followers, had a bit of time in the limelight. Decent band, and yeah, perhaps underrated - as is much 80s synth pop type stuff (a lot of it is bilge, mind)..

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, blandy said:

Another Depeche Mode.

I usually agree with you Pete, but that's wrong on so many levels 😄

DM have consistently written way more good songs, have produced some truly brilliant albums and are much, much bigger than Tears for Fears will ever be.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

I usually agree with you Pete, but that's wrong on so many levels 😄

DM have consistently written way more good songs, have produced some truly brilliant albums and are much, much bigger than Tears for Fears will ever be.

Fair do's Si. 👍

TBH neither are really my cup of tea. A couple of TFF songs stick in my mind from the time when I was an apprentice and they seemed to be everywhere. DM have been going for way longer, but again a couple of songs really stick - not least the Personal Jesus one, for Johnny Cash's cover, which is ace. But for me they're mostly "listenable" without being my thing. DM seemed to disappear up their own fundament. 

24 minutes ago, blandy said:

Another Depeche Mode. 

Your words like violence have broken the silence.  They have come crashing into my little world.  They are painful to me.  They have pierced right through me.  Can't you understand?  Your words are very unnecessary.  They could  only do harm.   

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

I am sorry but Shout by Tears for Fears is a really great song

Let it all out!

It's completely and utterly awful daytime rewind radio wankdribble but hey if it floats your boat, that's cool

TFF are firmly at the Dullsville end of the synthpop spectrum

Even Fiat Lux were better than TFF

I remember when TFF started I was kinda interestedish in the first two singles (Mad World & Pale Shelter on an EP?) by the time the first album came out I was already bored of their schtick

Â