Unpopular Opinions

maqroll

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

Note to self. Never NEVER mention Howard Jones on VT. 😂😂😂

He was always the weakest one in Take That. 

9 minutes ago, Xela said:

He was always the weakest one in Take That. 

Pretty tough call. Robin Williams and Ken Barlow weren't much cop, either. 

11 hours ago, sidcow said:

I am sorry but Shout by Tears for Fears is a really great song and tears for Fears are a very underrated band (generally I mean, not just on here where they will likely be hated)

Very underrated band 

i saw them live a few years back and it was a bit  by the numbers but their catalogue of songs is very strong 

Edited by tonyh29

8 hours ago, bickster said:

Let it all out!

It's completely and utterly awful daytime rewind radio wankdribble but hey if it floats your boat, that's cool

TFF are firmly at the Dullsville end of the synthpop spectrum

Even Fiat Lux were better than TFF

I remember when TFF started I was kinda interestedish in the first two singles (Mad World & Pale Shelter on an EP?) by the time the first album came out I was already bored of their schtick

There we have it 

Bicks hates them , therefore they go on the cool wall and get confirmed as good :)

Slightly adjacent to the chat, but I find that when there’s a programme that involves the 80’s, yuppie culture, thatcher, etc “Everybody wants to rule the world” is normally not far behind in being the soundtrack to said programme. 

To the point where that song (to me anyway) basically is THE archetypal 80’s song. I could probably go further and say it’s essentially that repetitive two note synth bit throughout the song that evokes the decade.

Just to reiterate, I’m not saying it’s the best song of the 80’s. I’m saying it’s possibly/probably the big hit that sounds the most 80’s to me.

• Like 3

I have no particular opinions on TFF or DM having never gotten around to listening to anything other than their respective radio hits, but both Shout and Enjoy The Silence are bangers.

But then, I also hold what I would imagine to be quite an unpopular proxy-opinion on the subject; I like the cheesy 90's trance heresies/homages* of both songs.

*delete as appropriate.

15 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Watch out, the radio 2 boys have been on the sugary drinks.

Rather be a radio 2 boy than uh, uh.  Than a NUMBER 2 boy. HAHAHAHA. 

• Like 1

TFF? Don't hate them, don't love them. Wouldn't buy, wouldn't turn off the radio. Typical 80s fare, but not the worst of that benighted decade. 

I really didn't expect to see this one run and run......but then I did mention music on VT.

You lot are mental.  Next you will be trying to kid on that U2 aren't the best band ever.

Rollseyes Whatever GIF by PotatoITV

I was regaling a colleague just yesterday about the story of my head being forced within 1-metre of Bono's crotch.

Wasn't even the worst thing that happened that night, I had to watch Athlete perform.  Athlete. *shudder*.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

I was regaling a colleague just yesterday about the story of my head being forced within 1-metre of Bono's crotch.

Wasn't even the worst thing that happened that night, I had to watch Athlete perform.  Athlete. *shudder*.

Sounds like you've got your wires crossed to me. 

• Haha 1

Â