Unpopular Opinions

maqroll

My lad has been watching some streamers roleplay on a Minecraft server and to be honest they're pretty funny and it's an entertaining watch. Would much rather watch that than the tripe on terrestrial TV.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

More bias in favour of certain teams than generally against us.

I think this has been the case historically,  especially Manu. 

We were beaten before we started a lot of games against Manu in the last 30 years.

3 hours ago, El Zen said:

I do think «big» club bias amongst refs is a thing

Me too, the problem is the media though.

Smith or Dyche or Hassenhuttl make a comment that a ref make an error, or refs are costing their club points it comes to nothing.

If Ole, or Klopp, or Jose say it then it’s all over the news. If there’s a specific incident then it will be trawled over by everyone. This is why refs will always give the managers that generate media attention the benefit of any doubt. If not their ability is publicly scrutinised. It’s just done for an easier life.

Man United have had a ridiculous amount of penalties over the last 2 seasons, what does Ole say? He says that he thinks Man United are not getting the decisions they deserve and are been harshly officiated. It keeps the penalties coming, and Ole knows it.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

On 05/05/2021 at 09:42, Wainy316 said:

I've always had a strong dislike for Phil Collins, Rod Stewart and Sting

Agreed, but with the caveat that Stewart's early albums (before he moved to America) were really good. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Genie said:

Me too, the problem is the media though.

Smith or Dyche or Hassenhuttl make a comment that a ref make an error, or refs are costing their club points it comes to nothing.

If Ole, or Klopp, or Jose say it then it’s all over the news. If there’s a specific incident then it will be trawled over by everyone. This is why refs will always give the managers that generate media attention the benefit of any doubt. If not their ability is publicly scrutinised. It’s just done for an easier life.

Man United have had a ridiculous amount of penalties over the last 2 seasons, what does Ole say? He says that he thinks Man United are not getting the decisions they deserve and are been harshly officiated. It keeps the penalties coming, and Ole knows it.

Add to that fergie demonstrated that he had power over the media doing bans and blackouts from the training ground and interviews if they didn't play his tune

they had the ability to pay the fines to keep them out, the power to give them the exclusives if they did what he wanted etc

They have huge influence that we simply don't 

The penalties to utd stat is mental, so mental that I expect another one this weekend 

On 06/05/2021 at 08:14, villa4europe said:

I can fast without a problem, this morning for example I won't eat, up at 6, will exercise around 11, eat around 1, doesn't bother me

The problem starts as soon as I start eating at 1...by the time 2pm comes around I could quite happily have emptied my fridge and cupboards entirely... I can't stop 

Love eating 

On 06/05/2021 at 17:21, villa4europe said:

When I put weight on about 5 years ago I used to eat a big lunch and then go home and eat normal like self cooked curry or spag bol with the missus

Big lunch meant at the very least the 99p baguette shop plus crisps, chocolate bar and a drink (I've never shook off the school dinner idea of sandwich, crisps, chocolate, drink) depending on what site I was on it could then be chippy, subway, Greg's, McDonald's, if I was in the office it was kebab Wednesday and full English friday 

Eating a kebab meat and chips special for lunch and then lasagna for tea... Good Times, expensive but good times 

Never breakfast though, never ever eat before going to work, would rather stay in bed 

Your earring habits mirror mine

• Like 1

On 07/05/2021 at 09:39, tomav84 said:

i actually don't mind gregg evans...

I’ve nothing against him personally but I do find it strange that people get paid for sports reporting that is mostly uninformed guesswork that isn’t even insightful. I also think a Villa fan would have more drive to cover the club better.

On 07/05/2021 at 08:59, El Zen said:

Me neither. I do think «big» club bias amongst refs is a thing, though, and that as a whole, Premier League refs are quite incompetent and lack a fundamental understanding of the game they are tasked with officiating. This has only been confirmed by how they have handled VAR. 

I have no evidence to suggest they are part of a criminal conspiracy, nor a conspiracy against Aston Villa FC. But f*** me, they are crap.

Like I said...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My social media is interesting with my younger family members, early to mid 20s, they seem to have evolved during the lockdown from nando-ites to Miller and Carter, that's seemingly the place to be (and to be fair I love that place) 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

My social media is interesting with my younger family members, early to mid 20s, they seem to have evolved during the lockdown from nando-ites to Miller and Carter, that's seemingly the place to be (and to be fair I love that place) 

honestly don't think i've ever been.

we have an independent steakhouse not far from mine that's excellent so never had a reason to go. doesn't their lobster tails on their surf and turf only have like 40% lobster meat in or something? sure i read that

Yeah the lobster side you can tell is a bit cheap and dirty but the crowd in there, myself included, won't be big lobster eaters 

I didn't have a good steakhouse in kiddy so it served a purpose and I've never had a bad meal in there 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I've never been to one but just seen there's one nearby so might have to give it a go. 

8 hours ago, tomav84 said:

thought of one as i was tucking into it the other night....the idea of nandos is WAY better than the actual thing

It’s the same with a lot of take away. Love the idea of gorging on Chinese, but actually haven’t had a good one in a long time. I had KFC the other night and was very underwhelmed 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

It’s the same with a lot of take away. Love the idea of gorging on Chinese, but actually haven’t had a good one in a long time. I had KFC the other night and was very underwhelmed 

depends what you have. the pieces of chicken look delightful on the adverts but are absolutely rank in reality

the rest of the menu is savage though...particularly the burgers

9 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’m really into my Chinese food at the minute. Could take it or leave it usually, but it’s probably my favourite takeaway at the moment. Much prefer eating out for it though, same with Indian food. We are going out tomorrow night for a Chinese. Lovely place in Penkridge. 

Â