Unpopular Opinions

maqroll

On 24/06/2021 at 16:08, Davkaus said:

Howard Jones is fantastic, but just wasn't a substitute for Jesse Leach.

I went to watch Killswitch a few years ago in Birmingham, because Howard had been the frontman during the time I’d got into them I was genuinely confused when a white bloke walked out 🤣

I really hate cricket, can't stand the sound of it, can't stand the look of it, just despise it... phew thats that off my chest, thank you VillaTalk

Sorry nothing to do with Howard Jones - who according to wikipedia is a Welsh musician born in Scumpton (Southampton) - plenty there to not like.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, bielesibub said:

I really hate cricket, can't stand the sound of it, can't stand the look of it, just despise it... 

You can be my friend. 

• Like 1

On 26/06/2021 at 16:26, bielesibub said:

I really hate cricket, can't stand the sound of it, can't stand the look of it, just despise it... phew thats that off my chest, thank you VillaTalk

So you don't like the thwack of willow on leather? 

carry on teacher GIF

Maybe this will cheer you up then

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

If we're having cricket in here and I've just seen the Wimbledon thread open... Tennis is shit, bores me to tears 

I’d have to agree. Playing it is okay, but I don’t think I’ve ever watched a whole tennis match. A really good rally will impress me, but it’s not a sport I could ever be invested in: It’s just too much back and forth for me.

nerd yes GIF

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

If we're having cricket in here and I've just seen the Wimbledon thread open... Tennis is shit, bores me to tears 

Tennis I dislike almost as much as cricket, the kids at school that were no good at sports would usually be the best cricket or tennis players. 

Sorry for bringing up cricket, I thought I had a real unpopular opinion - obviously not.

Just now, bielesibub said:

Tennis I dislike almost as much as cricket, the kids at school that were no good at sports would usually be the best cricket or tennis players. 

Sorry for bringing up cricket, I thought I had a real unpopular opinion - obviously not.

Steve Davies was a few years below me at school, still playing professional cricket now, he was good at every sport under the sun if basketball was a bigger sport he could have given that a go, great guy 

Maybe my dislike of it has come from school though, said before here my school seemed to be of the opinion that we all play football at lunch, we play football after school, we play football at the weekend so during PE they made us play cricket, tennis, hockey, basketball, I like hockey but tennis and basketball can go in the bin

Cricket... Cricket is a bit like NFL where its a sport that can engineer an absolutely fantastic finish, I've seen some run chases in cricket that have been some of the most exciting sport I've ever seen, that 1 she's series for example was incredible because everything seemingly came down to the last hour, even the last ball, that's something that even football struggles to replicate, on the flip side though in can also be absolutely **** terrible, test cricket on a great pitch for the batsman is a waste of time, it's a bit like golf, I like chases and tense last couple of hours but everything that comes before it setting it up I have little interest in 

I can enjoy golf. I wouldn’t mind watching an entire weekend of The Open (but not a regular tour event) if I have nothing better to do. I’d be happy to watch every minute of Tour de France. Baseball is one of my favourite sports. I really don’t mind «slow» sports on TV. It’s quite meditative and then when it gets interesting, there is so much built up tension and excitement. It’s great. 

• Like 1

Â