Unpopular Opinions

maqroll

5 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

If we're on sport, I don't get the British and Irish Lions. I'm not the biggest fan of rugby full stop, but the Lions as a concept is just odd. So England, Scotland, Wales, and Ireland can all play New Zealand, South Africa and Australia at any point, and sometimes they beat them. When they do, it's normally seen as a good result, but it's not out of the question. Like they're not unbeatable normally. So why is it such a big deal if the home nations pool their best players, and then play them and beat them? Surely you'd expect a team made up of the best players from 4 different teams to win? How come the Southern hemisphere teams are held in such high regards that the UK and Ireland feel they have to join forces to beat them? How come the Norther hemisphere teams are held in such poor regards that NZ, Aus and SA don't join forces to try and beat them? 

The Barbarians are going to blow your mind. 

excited d&d GIF by Hyper RPG

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Best Friends Bff GIF by reactionseditor

I read that and thought "I don't remember posting that" :lol:  

Best post on VT, ever. 

As I was reading it I was thinking to myself that it was as out there as something @lapal_fanmight write😁

Here is an unpopular opinion:

Apple make very good devices. Pricey, but well built and last for ages. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, Xela said:

The ONLY mobile anyone in my family has ever owned which just stopped working for no good reason after 1 year use was an iPhone. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The ONLY mobile anyone in my family has ever owned which just stopped working for no good reason after 1 year use was an iPhone. 

Exception to the rule then ;)

Must have been bad luck, a dud. Hope you got it replaced?

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Exception to the rule then ;)

Must have been bad luck, a dud. Hope you got it replaced?

We were VERY lucky.  Was literally a year and a few days old.  Apple couldn't fix it and only supply a 1 year warranty.  Tesco mobile only supply a 1 year warranty but their service provider is O2 who give a 2 year warranty. The guy at the Apple store had a real good go at O2 and persuaded them to replace it. 

I'm pretty sure they shouldn't because it was actually a Tesco phone. 

It ought to be the law that there is a phone guarantee for the length of the contract.  We could have spent 2 more years paying for a phone that didn't even work. 

14 hours ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

So many people here skirting around the real issue - which is that there are no spectator sports worth watching from start to finish apart from football

Golf is easily the best. I quite happily will sit and watch it from Thursday to Sunday. And absolutely nothing in sport beats the Ryder Cup for entertainment value. The Miracle at Medinah is still the best sporting event I've ever witnessed.

• Confused 2

14 hours ago, blandy said:

Competitive traffic. 

Went round to my folks the other week, they were watching the Monaco Grand Prix. Surely the most tedious 'sporting' event ever proposed. Has it ever occurred to them that they could just . . . stop doing that one?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

‘Competitive traffic ‘ is a wonderful way of putting it.  I’m stealing that and passing it off as my own 😂

I thought it up to annoy the group of people I used to sit next to at work - none of them liked football, and they all liked "the sitting in a car a driving around a bit" races. It worked.

Others (though not mine) were Golf = "tw@t sticks" or "swish - **** it!"

• Haha 1

Late to the party but I’d have to add tennis to the list of crap spectator sports. Everyone gets so excited by Wimbledon, but I can’t stand to watch it. The crowds are boring, the commentary is boring, the winning points by ace services are boring, and it lasts way too long. The only upside is some of the ladies players are nice to look at. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Xela said:

I used an IPhone 5C for around seven years. Unfortunately it fell out of my pocket from a height and the screen smashed. Great phone. The only IPhone I've ever had though mainly because of how expensive they are and the use I get from phones.  

• Like 1

Â