Match Thread: Villa v Southampton

limpid

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You found a way to blame the whole team being absolutely shite, not being able to pass to each other , keep the ball, defending like shit, and conceding 2 goals on Wesley not being dropped.

No I didn’t you seem to have to come to that conclusion all by yourself from my very short post.

The general point is valid, if you have players getting picked regardless of form it doesnt generally motivate them to give an extra 10%. It’s why a lot of new managers get a “bounce”.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, sne said:

If only it was that simple. Moving Grealish on the flank is pretty much the only thing that has worked for us this season.

I wouldn't mind if he was back centrally but it's the lack of quality around him that is holding is back. 

I just think teams have worked out how to deal with Jack on the left again now.  Teams keep setting traps for us that we fall for, as well as being weak as piss through the middle and set pieces.  We need an alternative gameplan and really hope Dean discovers one.

• Like 1

Just now, MaVilla said:

Wonder how many from this team would still be with us if we got relegated?.

I imagine grealish would certainly want to go, anyone else?

McGinn Mings Heaton Luiz Nakamba 

FML!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

I just think teams have worked out how to deal with Jack on the left again now.  Teams keep setting traps for us that we fall for, as well as being weak as piss through the middle and set pieces.  We need an alternative gameplan and really hope Dean discovers one.

I agree, sadly our wide and attacking options are below required standards

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

I would say that a powder puff coach would not have got us promoted playing quality football. A powder puff coach would not have got us playing the best football we've played since the 90s.

I would suggest that people getting on the Smith out train might be better served on the **** off and support Man City express? Personally I think Smith should stay even if we go down and work with the new owners on coming back stronger. I'd much prefer that than go back to two mercenary managers every year and spunking money getting in players who don't give a shit.

But we can't afford to go down chap. This is why our owners spunked 100 mill on a new team. I'd be happy with standing still, but we look worse than when we kicked off the season.

3-0 as I speak

• Thanks 1