Match Thread: Villa v Southampton

limpid

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Finding it really hard to spot what our game plan is and what we are trying to do except for getting the ball to Grealish.

But then what?

That's it. The coaching is shite, I'm sorry, but it clearly is. There's no plan, no high press, players do not make the right runs into space, no tactical identity. This is no different football wise to the likes of Lambert.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

How about we support this project as a newly promoted team and realize we have plenty of time to turn it around, instead of acting like entitled children thinking switching a manager AGAIN, is the right answer. 

Arsenal supporters also wanted Wenger out. It's not how football works. We have the players we have. We got to add in January and stick with Smith. 

This project reminds me of the project I handed in for my GCSE CDT class

It was shit and I got a D

Im sick of these pricks ruining my weekend.  And I don't care if DS is one of our own, he isn't good enough to mange in this division. 

Edited by dubbs

Just now, LakotaDakota said:

That is exactly how football works, average time at a club is below 2 years. Of the 92 league clubs 50 or so have changed managers this year

And how many of those clubs actually achieve anything? Like I said. We got the players we got. Getting in a new manager won't solve anything, except a bounce, then we are back to the same shit next season. I swear to god it's like you haven't watched us the last 10 years. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

How about we support this project as a newly promoted team and realize we have plenty of time to turn it around, instead of acting like entitled children thinking switching a manager AGAIN, is the right answer. 

Arsenal supporters also wanted Wenger out. It's not how football works. We have the players we have. We got to add in January and stick with Smith. 

We are nearly half way through the season so we really don't have plenty of time to turn it around and add that to the fact we are getting worse every week its really not a good sign. 

Just now, bobzy said:

Yes, there is.  So we sack the manager right now because there's the chance of it?

I'm not calling to sack him, not yet. But if we put in another couple of performances like this against the other relegation candidates? Absolutely. If he can't get us performing against the very worst teams in the league. there's no point continuing this farce. 

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

That's it. The coaching shite, I'm sorry, but it clearly is. There's no plan, no high press, players do not make the right runs into space, no tactical identity. This is no different football wise to the likes of Lambert.

Yeah the Lambert resemblances are becoming a bit too real.

2 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Shane Long has essentially built a career out of playing like Messi against Aston Villa.

He made Engels look so slow for the first goal.  God this is depressing, and I've got to meet my Dad's new lady friend at half 4 so I'm going to have to pretend to be in a good mood after watching this shite.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Before this game, we were sitting in 17th with 2 of the bottom three to play before halfway point in this season.

If you asked me at the start of the season if I'd take 17th with 50% of the season gone, I'd absolutely be all over it.

Problem is as the team gels we are getting worse not better - we look a really poor side last few games whereas we looked as if we had potential early in the season 

• Like 1