Match Thread: Villa v Southampton

limpid

The wheels have well and truely come off. Leicester was bad, Sheff Utd was worse and somehow we are now sinking to new lows

Smith probably can’t believe his luck at that new deal 

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

How about we support this project as a newly promoted team and realize we have plenty of time to turn it around, instead of acting like entitled children thinking switching a manager AGAIN, is the right answer. 

Arsenal supporters also wanted Wenger out. It's not how football works. We have the players we have. We got to add in January and stick with Smith. 

What is this project? We aren’t improving!

We go down and we lose a good % of the squad and have to start all over again. Except with very little money due to ffp. 

Just now, jim said:

I hate being subjected to this shit. Falls squarely on the manager who is out of his depth at this level. 

Before this game, we were sitting in 17th with 2 of the bottom three to play before halfway point in this season.

If you asked me at the start of the season if I'd take 17th with 50% of the season gone, I'd absolutely be all over it.

We carry precisely zero threat up front, which means teams do not have to cover the ball in behind, which means they can push ten or twenty yards further forward and pressurise us

We need at least two new forwards, but will now struggle to bring in quality from a relegation position

Hopeless

We need the next goal desperately 

• Like 1

Just now, bobzy said:

Before this game, we were sitting in 17th with 2 of the bottom three to play before halfway point in this season.

If you asked me at the start of the season if I'd take 17th with 50% of the season gone, I'd absolutely be all over it.

There's a very real possibility we'll be 19th looking over our shoulder by the 2nd of Jan, IMO.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

How about we support this project as a newly promoted team and realize we have plenty of time to turn it around, instead of acting like entitled children thinking switching a manager AGAIN, is the right answer. 

Arsenal supporters also wanted Wenger out. It's not how football works. We have the players we have. We got to add in January and stick with Smith. 

That is exactly how football works, average time at a club is below 2 years. Of the 92 league clubs 50 or so have changed managers this year

1 minute ago, brummybloke said:

Fun watching wesley walking around in the middle while pulling our midfield out of shape as they are trying to close down while he just aimlessly walks with hands on hips.

I don't think he understands how to play withing a tactic and formation.

He just is on the pitch doing his thing oblivious to what the rest of the team is doing.