January Transfers 2019/20

sne

14 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Are their no stoics out there like me? It is what it is. I have no control over the matter. Club obviously constrained by summer spend and FFP. I really rate our team and manager based on recent results. Keep the faith

nah mate its villa, fans have us defeated before a balls kicked 

I look at us at the start of the season and think we played well, then we hit a hard patch, heads dropped, performances went out the window, results got worse, then results got better, now we have a cup final, get a buzz around the place, refind the early season performances

or we lose to Bournemouth and its everyone is shit and should be sacked

5 points off arsenal in 10th, its not all doom, long way to go

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Do you get paid if a club acts on your info or do you just do this for the fun?

A Championship Club asked P.F.S.A for recommendations and they tasked me to send suggestions to them to give to the club.

Didn't get paid for it.. i was more than happy to give them my suggestions.

Edited by Villan4Life

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

We play 3 cbs every game. 

so we have 1 back up, could potentially put a full back in there if we were desperate (I wouldn't...) we could play a 4 or we could promote a youngster

its not like the bruce days, we have options

• Like 1

yes. 

so we have one back up on the bench. If we lose two cbs, we switch to a back 4 or in emergencies deploy players out of position or use a youngster. That's what you do in emergencies. Not have some random fully ready pro spending months doing **** all on the bench. We're not that attractive to the calibre of player we want, to offer them nothing more than bench duties. Maybe they can do that at the big 3 or 4, but not us. Not yet anyway

• Like 3

Just now, villa4europe said:

so we have 1 back up, could potentially put a full back in there if we were desperate (I wouldn't...) we could play a 4 or we could promote a youngster

It's just such an unnecessary risk though. We are in a serious relegation battle. Why risk having to play a **** full back at cb. We've already had to play a winger upfront for multiple games. 

We really shouldn't be in those positions. 

1 minute ago, Rob182 said:

Who in the bottom half of the Prem have made great signings this year, in your opinion? I’m genuinely curious.

Everton’s £30m in Moise Kean for 1 goal so far?

Newcastle’s £40m for Joelinton?

No wait, I know this one, it’s the £20m for Maupay with a goal record only slightly better than Wesley and Brighton (existing Prem team, not recently promoted) sitting on the same points as us?

I don't give a **** about the 3 teams above us in the league you mention I only care about the signings we have made and make. 

1 minute ago, Rodders said:

yes. 

so we have one back up on the bench. If we lose two cbs, we switch to a back 4 or in emergencies deploy players out of position or use a youngster. That's what you do in emergencies. Not have some random fully ready pro spending months doing **** all on the bench. We're not that attractive to the calibre of player we want, to offer them nothing more than bench duties. Maybe they can do that at the big 3 or 4, but not us. Not yet anyway

We already own chester. If we can't attract a replacement then don't sell him. 

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Sending chester as well is **** ridiculous. Honestly so stupid. 

0 PL minutes this season and he doesn't want to sit on bench. We're doing him a favour as needs playing time for Euros

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

Just seen ssn were struggling to get a striker for me villa recruitment and management are accountable they knew we needed a striker and backup strikers for well over a month. Leaving it to the last minute you get your fingers burnt.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I don't think putting a full back into CB or putting a youngster in there qualifies as "options". 

1 true backup for any position is bad, no bones about it. It just is.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

27 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I would have hoped that we could have brought a striker in on loan, but I guess everyone is looking for the same thing.

I wouldn't rule that out. At 6-7pm resolve will weaken and players who are currently available only to buy will be made available for loan. I still think we will get another striker/ winger in the door before 11pm. But I don't expect anything until after 8pm. 

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

0 PL minutes this season and he doesn't want to sit on bench. 

Which I get. But we are fighting to stay in the league. He's been on the bench the last few games. 

Why didn't we let him go at the start of the window if we weren't bothered. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

It's just such an unnecessary risk though. We are in a serious relegation battle. Why risk having to play a **** full back at cb. We've already had to play a winger upfront for multiple games. 

We really shouldn't be in those positions. 

the risk is that 2 of our CBs get long term (month +) injuries at the same time, unless a good youth prospect like konsa was available then I don't see a problem with it

and I think we're better as a 3 but we still make a lot of mistakes at the back, would changing to a 4 really get us relegated? mings dropping form again would be as bad as an injury

I'm not worried about CB. We can cope with one injury without changing formation, two injuries by moving to a back 4, and we'd be pretty darn unlucky to have 3 injuries. If it happens, it happens, but we can't have cover 3 players deep for every position.

Striker is much more urgent. 

17 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

I like Nakamba but DL no way not for me yet he cost 15 mil!  AEG has 6 and 6 come on he's no where near Jota's level. Other than Wesley I agree with no real bad signings he was bad! 

But my point is there are no stand out signings that I think we can sell in 2-3 years at a big profit to fund future investment which is the model we are supposedly following. 

Maybe give them a bit longer than half a season before you write them off.  As you say, the point is that they develop into better players we can sell in 2-3 years - they aren't there when we buy them.  So you have to allow that development over time. 

Now ideally we would do that with a couple at a time, not most of a squad, but we were where we were.  There are already signs most of our summer signings are improving as they settle.  Let's see how they look by the end of the season before judging.