January Transfers 2019/20

sne

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Hold it back... Percy has deleted his tweet saying that we're not expecting to sign anyone.

I hope he was just briefly trolling us.

But, if we didn't sign anyone and got relegated I agree that serious questions need to be asked as it's a huge gamble.

If Jota is leaving then surely we have plans to bring another Winger in, it makes sense to go for a player who can play across the forward line and Bowen does fit the bill. While Benrahma would be nice he is not as versatile as Bowen but Said is very good at what he does.

It just doesn't look like we will be bringing anyone else in now and to me we should, because we're now relying on just Samatta and Davis up front all while leaving ourselves short on the wing as well. It is abit worrying that we could do with at least another two to three players coming in for extra support.

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I hope he was just briefly trolling us.

But, if we didn't sign anyone and got relegated I agree that serious questions need to be asked as it's a huge gamble.

It's still on the telegraph's transfer page. I think we'll have to accept that's it today

He's deleted the tweet, but his 'update' on the telegraph website saying that we're not expected to sign anyone is still there. But to be fair it does say 'not expected', so I guess that still leaves a small chance that something still might happen.

5 minutes ago, useless said:

He's deleted the tweet, but his 'update' on the telegraph website saying that we're not expected to sign anyone is still there. But to be fair it does say 'not expected', so I guess that still leaves a small chance that something still might happen.

hopeful jim carrey GIF

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

The fact he's deleted the tweet says to me he's heard something. Whether it comes off or not only time will tell.

spacer.png

• Haha 3

Selke apparantly has handed a transfer request in on deadline day.

Maybe were going for this guy now.

5ft 7in and 11 stone of a fast player.

Edited by Dave-R

Got to say that it feels like the money paid for Bowen was above villa's valuation of the player.

There will be a whole load of stats and probability behind whoever we sign. Thinking of it as paying x amount for a player that they feel gives us a greater than x chance of staying up. Bowen was not worth 20m.

If they're gambling that we have what we need, it will be because they think we'll be ok if we go down. If they spunked over the odds on an unproven Bowen, then we run the risk of still going down and not being ok to boot.  That would smack of desperation. 20m on an unproven talent, is desperate... it is West Ham.  We are not run that way anymore. 

🤞

• Like 2