January Transfers 2019/20

sne

1 minute ago, Villan4Life said:

I suggested Fosu-Henry to a club last summer as a very good bosman transfer! They wasn't interested even though he was a free agent. He impressed me last season when i watched him play for Charlton!

Brentford are getting a good player there. 

With what we know about the way Brentford operate, it’s not much of a leap of faith to suggest that Benrama might be available if Brentford secure  Fosu-Henry. 

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

If only we can sustain 9th most goals in the league without Wesley who many actually posted was like playing with 10 men with him in the team

I think Samatta will be better. Lots of pressure on him though  

Drinkwater is much worse than mcginn and not much in it between heaton and reina. 

We haven't improved the squad. And we needed to. 

3 hours ago, Herman22 said:

I think given the fact we are a newly promoted team, it was always going to be hard for anyone coming in to stand out as a great signing.

For me Mings and Heaton have been really good. Konsa, Guilbert and Targett have been solid if not fantastic. I think Marv and Douglas are improving every week and have looked more like prem quality players in the last month. The problems still lie up front. Wes is out for the season and was a bit hit and miss before the injury (to say the least). Jota looks a championship level player. I think in time Trez may come good and ElGhazi has been surprisingly effective at this level. 

All in all I would say that's a pretty decent hit rate. 

I agree was always going to be difficult.

When you say pretty decent hit rate I'm not so sure aren't we supposedly following the Borussia Dortmund model of reducing the spending by scouting better and finding young players who we can develop get a few good years out of then sell on for a significant profit and re-invest?

I don't feel Konsa, Guilbert and Targett have been solid but they have been OK though, all have had good games but not solid imo, Guilbert would be the player I like most out of those three but him and Targett are probably at a level that suits them I don't really see them pushing on any further, I do think Konsa shows promise and can improve a fair bit. 

Nakamba shows some potential yes, jury is still out for me with DL some people seem to be always looking through Man City/Brazil rose tinted glasses when they talk about him but bearing in mind his age he could turn out to be a good signing if he develops.

Wes was hit and miss? He was very poor worse signing of the summer for me, I think we would have done better signing two 11mil players.

It's like a said, people want a warm body striker backup with no intention that he starts but cover if injuries strike. Great selling position for the club. Not sure how we didn't land a cheap option

Do we want someone on a 4 year contract on 30-40k like Selke just in case? The **** we do 

Edited by Kiwivillan

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

"Great"?  Probably Mings and Guilbert.  "Good"?  Konsa, Heaton, Nakamba, Luiz.

Bear in mind, yet again, that we had to buy an entire team.  We could spend £22m on 12 quality players.

I know we had a lot of players to buy I'm not questioning that.

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

It's like a said, people want a warm body striker backup with no intention that he starts but cover if injuries strike. Great selling position for the club. Not sure how we didn't land a cheap option

Who said that? I think we need a striker to push Samatta and come off the bench and contribute. 

I don't want one for the sake of it. But there's a reason teams have multiple options in different positions. 

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We haven't improved the squad. And we needed to. 

Apart from PEP I would actually agree we have not improved the squad this window yet and we needed to because other teams seem to have.

Edited by Dave-R

Just now, DCJonah said:

Who said that? I think we need a striker to push Samatta and come off the bench and contribute. 

I don't want one for the sake of it. But there's a reason teams have multiple options in different positions. 

We have Davis who looked good against Leicester. I take all I said about him back. 

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

We have Davis who looked good against Leicester. I take all I said about him back. 

I like Davis. But he's barely played football in the last year and struggled to score goals in the championship. 

Like I said, I think Samatta and Davis is probably one of the weakest striking core in the league. 

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Apart from PEP I would actually agree we have not improved the squad this window yet and we needed to because other teams seem to of.

Is he better than Heaton? For me it's a pretty like for like signing.