January Transfers 2019/20

sne

3 hours ago, lexicon said:

I'd add Nakamba and Luiz to that list, as I really rate them and they didn't cost that much. 

The point is that we've not really made any bad signings, though. I'd say that AEG and Jota are the two weakest, all in all. 

I like Nakamba but DL no way not for me yet he cost 15 mil!  AEG has 6 and 6 come on he's no where near Jota's level. Other than Wesley I agree with no real bad signings he was bad! 

But my point is there are no stand out signings that I think we can sell in 2-3 years at a big profit to fund future investment which is the model we are supposedly following. 

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Are their no stoics out there like me? It is what it is. I have no control over the matter. Club obviously constrained by summer spend and FFP. I really rate our team and manager based on recent results. Keep the faith

I'm there. We still have a good squad, one that has definitely improved, with players that are now settling in more effectively. I expect Drinkwater to continue to improve as his fitness develops, a striker who after the bournemouth game has another free couple of weeks to get the non pitch side of settling down into a new country sorted, and I think we have a positive momentum. We've suffered bad luck on injuries already. If we suffer further on that scale of months out, then that is an outlying run of bad luck we can't control. we can't have millionaire back ups for every last eventuality.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OxfordVillan said:

If you’re not impressed by either of Nakamba or Luiz then I can’t help you. Both now coming along nicely, Targett as well. Even Trézéguet has hardly been a failure. Compare those players to other premier league newcomers around £10m and they compare well. 

I didn't ask who had been OK or failures? I asked if we had made any great signings.

15 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

I suggested Fosu-Henry to a club in Championship last summer as a very good bosman transfer! They wasn't interested even though he was a free agent. He impressed me last season when i watched him play for Charlton!

Brentford are getting a good player there. 

Do you get paid if a club acts on your info or do you just do this for the fun?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

We signed 4 and spent the bulk of our budget on a striker. We did our business earlier in the window than most. We’ve had a pretty good January window compared with our rivals. 

Kind of ignored the fact we have 3 serious injuries and that one signing will be in the u23

• Like 2

We can improve the rest of the squad all we like, but the fact of the matter is with just two strikers, one injury prone the other new to the country, we're very weak in that area and taking a massive risk by not addressing it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

A few have been excellent and the others that have come from abroad, from weaker leagues have done pretty good considering the step up and everything associated with moving to another country etc etc, comparing it with the likes of gana veretout etc from the moneyball summer, I'd say they are head and shoulders above them in more difficult circumstances and they turned out to be excellent players.

So who has been a great addition in your opinion bearing in mind the model of recruitment we are following?

Just now, useless said:

We can improve the rest of the squad all we like, but the fact of the matter is with just two strikers, one injury prone the other new to the country, we're very weak in that area and taking a massive risk by not addressing it.

Yep. 

It wouldn't surprise me if we end up with El Ghazi playing there again at some point. Which would be a disgrace. 

5 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

We signed 4 and spent the bulk of our budget on a striker. We did our business earlier in the window than most. We’ve had a pretty good January window compared with our rivals. 

We've signed direct replacements because of injuries and a youth team player? So no real additions or improvements?

4 minutes ago, useless said:

It is madness. Utter madness. For the sake of 500k in wages on a stop gap.

10 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

I didn't ask who had been OK or failures? I asked if we had made any great signings.

Who in the bottom half of the Prem have made great signings this year, in your opinion? I’m genuinely curious.

Everton’s £30m in Moise Kean for 1 goal so far?

Newcastle’s £40m for Joelinton?

No wait, I know this one, it’s the £20m for Maupay with a goal record only slightly better than Wesley and Brighton (existing Prem team, not recently promoted) sitting on the same points as us?

• Like 2