January Transfers 2019/20

sne

19 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Taken from a report from a good Danish media site with regards to Emre Mor who I believe was mentioned on here a few times

Reports from Denmark explain the Bees are convinced with the wideman’s qualities as a footballer, Despite that, they go on to mention Mor having difficulties in adjusting at his previous clubs, Borussia Dortmund and Celta Vigo, and the same has happened at Galatasaray, It’s claimed Thomas Frank’s side have not received positive responses internally or externally about the Denmark-born Turkey international so far. 

Brentford have a Danish manager and a handful of players from the same country in their squad, one who has played with him at Celta Vigo,  According to the report, the Danish players at Brentford are concerned about Mor potentially being their teammate at Griffin Park, Therefore, Brentford have ended negotiations to sign Mor in the winter market, if truedue diligence seems to have been the order of the day.!!! 

Is this anything to do with Aston Villa?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Is this anything to do with Aston Villa?

Its in the 1st line ;) some people have mentioned him in this thread for Villa

Edited by Zatman
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Tbf. Slimani is 31. Salah was 21-23 at his days in London. 

I am not opposed to Slimani as we need strikers, but I think it's a lazy link. He probably even played with Drinkwater. 

Our scouts need to do better. 

Get you, but what I'm trying to say is that sometimes it just doesn't work out for certain players at certain clubs. Doesn't necessarily mean they are poor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jonjon said:

Taken from a report from a good Danish media site with regards to Emre Mor who I believe was mentioned on here a few times

Reports from Denmark explain the Bees are convinced with the wideman’s qualities as a footballer, Despite that, they go on to mention Mor having difficulties in adjusting at his previous clubs, Borussia Dortmund and Celta Vigo, and the same has happened at Galatasaray, It’s claimed Thomas Frank’s side have not received positive responses internally or externally about the Denmark-born Turkey international so far. 

Brentford have a Danish manager and a handful of players from the same country in their squad, one who has played with him at Celta Vigo,  According to the report, the Danish players at Brentford are concerned about Mor potentially being their teammate at Griffin Park, Therefore, Brentford have ended negotiations to sign Mor in the winter market, if truedue diligence seems to have been the order of the day.!!! 

Emre Mor is an unbelievable talented player. But has problems with discipline. He is an off the cuff offensive player who doesn't like to be told what to do. Tracking back etc. But amazing balls skills and creativity. Plays a bit like Traore did in his first spell at villa park. but more creatively.

Edited by Danishlad

1 minute ago, Danishlad said:

Emre Mor is an unbelievable talented player. But has problems with discipline. He is an off the cuff offensive player who doesn't like to be told what to do. Tracking back etc. But amazing balls skills and creativity.

He gets a bit shirty then?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Get you, but what I'm trying to say is that sometimes it just doesn't work out for certain players at certain clubs. Doesn't necessarily mean they are poor.

Yeah you're right, but I think in Salah's case it was a maturation process and he got there with time. Time Slimani doesn't really have. He probably isn't better than what the league has already seen. But maybe you're right and he could flourish elsewhere. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Whoever manages that account deserves a medal. It must be a bunch of them running it, scouring the internet for obscure links. Fair play to them. 

They get loads of stick on Twitter too from people moaning about the news they ‘make up’. Glad they keep going though 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Whoever manages that account deserves a medal. It must be a bunch of them running it, scouring the internet for obscure links. Fair play to them. 

vince mcmahon wrestling GIF by WWE

*Disclaimer* I'm in no way affiliated with that account, who clearly just make stuff up all day long...

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

knowing our luck we'd aim for Pulp Fiction Travolta and end up with Battlefield Earth Travolta instead

Yeah but he was extremely tall in that, we could do with some of that height 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

Danny Ings scored 1 in 4 for Burnley before joining Liverpool on a free (£6.5 set at Tribunal) in 2015. 

Since 2015 (and after 2 really bad knee injuries) he scored 10 goals, that's including 7 in 25 games for Southampton last season.

This season he's scored 14 in 22.

I wonder what the reaction to spending £18m on a player who had 2 very bad knee injures (9 months out for one, 11 for the other) and scoring 3 goals in 3 years before would have been like?

Image result for captain hindsight

I'd have still told you Maupay was the better buy if you'd have put Ings forward instead of Wes :)