January Transfers 2019/20

sne

3 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Social media is a strange place. Seen some villa fans moaning about the possibility of signing nzonzi and slimani this window 🤦🏻‍♂️.

They would be quality signings and would we would be pushed to be able to get anyone better, considering our league position and lack of available players right now. 

Slimani isn’t a bad player, but I think as another poster said, he may just be a shade off PL quality. Another one who might score a couple against a fellow relegation battler but is unlikely to trouble many of the teams above us.

Nzonzi is a bit different. Proven PL quality. A very good player indeed. Would be a quality signing.

As ever, we’re probably looking at neither of them.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Madness to still have no striker solution with two games coming up which could define our season. It could jeapodise everything. 

Need to hope for a miracle in these two games, two losses and it's curtains. 

its almost like the selling clubs know of our predicament too and are trying to **** us over 🤔

16 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Social media is a strange place. Seen some villa fans moaning about the possibility of signing nzonzi and slimani this window 🤦🏻‍♂️.

They would be quality signings and would we would be pushed to be able to get anyone better, considering our league position and lack of available players right now. 

Why would they be quality signings?

Or with the greatest of respects, is it just that you've heard of them before?

Slimani flat out failed here with Leicester and N'zonzi, yeah sure, he was okay about 4 or 5 years ago but is now the wrong side of 30 and playing in Turkey.

I don't see a lot to suggest either would be a quality signing, adequate maybe but quality? Not for me.

3 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Slimani flat out failed here with Leicester and N'zonzi, yeah sure, he was okay about 4 or 5 years ago but is now the wrong side of 30 and playing in Turkey.

I don't see a lot to suggest either would be a quality signing, adequate maybe but quality? Not for me.

Some of the shit we've been 'linked' with this window is genuinely scary, so they definitely seem quality in comparison 😂

6 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Suprised to see he actually got 8 in 35.

9 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Adequate would suffice for NONE, which is our current status.

Furthermore, i'm pretty sure we want at least 2, one "adequate" and one "quality" i'd be happy with, and even if we don't get the "quality" one, at least we would have a striker.

Nzonzi i'd also be happy with, they don't need to be brilliant, they need to be able to do the basics right and have a presence, which at current, NONE of our players have displayed in recent weeks. (Bar Burnley)

11 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Part of the France World Cup winning side

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Piatek goal klaxon

Scored for Milan in the cup just now.

Putting himself in the shopping window.

Edit: Assist for the 2nd goal

Edited by sne

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

So worse than Wesley's ratio, and everyone seems to think Wesley's shit right?

I don’t think he’s shit. I was just pointing out his stats don’t suggest he was a complete Balaban style disaster. He just wasn’t good enough for Premier League champions.