January Transfers 2019/20

sne

Eric Dier is one of those links that really do make you believe theres a hat full of names and a hat full clubs and the intern gets to pull out 5 from each every Friday afternoon and they drop them in the spaces needing filling over the coming week.

Absolutely senseless.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Him and Barkley would be dead set certainties for my team of overhyped shite footballers I never want playing for my club. 

This is SUCH an Everton signing. I would be shocked if they don't pick him up for a cool £15m only for him to be a shadow of his former self.

21 hours ago, sne said:

Defender

James Chester (30) - Aston Villa

Forward

Jonathan Kodjia (29) - Aston Villa

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/69-players-aston-villa-could-17076711

But 2 of those Players are ours already..well done BM another great piece of journalism  

All we need now is for VillaReport to tweet it  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Jarrod Bowen. Could do with Benrahma too. Would make us stock in terms of wingers but I think Bowen is more forward. Not sure what we'll do as we still need Jack to be on a front 3. Therefore as much as I want Benrahma, I think a delay to the summer with getting Bowen in a reasonable price would be perfect. He could be a back up as a striker too.

• Like 2

I'd like to see a backup left back, Targett has shown just what we have been missing when he doesnt play. Taylor offers nothing going forward and a fullback who offers something going forward changes the whole dynamic of the team.

If Targett is out for whatever reason then its vital to have someone who can fill his shoes.

4 hours ago, MickeyC_UTV said:

But 2 of those Players are ours already..well done BM another great piece of journalism  

All we need now is for VillaReport to tweet it  

Truly pathetic rag of a newspaper. In the Dier article I read they had Everton at fourth favourites to sign him alongside West Ham with us third, then about two paragraphs later they had them at second favourites. 

I’ve generally stopped reading their rubbish, I mistakenly followed a link to the article. Confirmed I haven’t been missing anything. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Not in January, that type of strengthening is done in the summer.

We wouldn’t do a massive strengthening but if someone is available in January we’d sign them, even if we loaned them back to their club ala Gilbert

It cost us in the mon era not strengthening when in prime position to do so,  then the one time we did try to do so, we made the wrong signing for the team (Heskey).

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Not in January, that type of strengthening is done in the summer.

Three or four top quality signings that could end up breaking bank and be above 30 mill each is a sure bet come January.

That's all we really need to do is bring a LB, two winger and a striker to partner Wesley. It will be quality added to our quantity of signings that will reassure us of next season in the prem.

Spending smartly doesn't have to stop, we did really well in the summer but I do think that we had to spend and plan for both survival and life back in the championship. It's all good we now have a squad capable of so much, so bringing in some real tasty talent is a must. Our transfer plans do really have to evolve now and we must look at bringing in the best to start challenging properly as i look at our games and its obvious we could more than just survive the drop. We could do a mid table run, especially if last games results continue on in a positive way.