January Transfers 2019/20

sne

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Decent experienced back up for where we are, whenever he’s played he’s done ok, I know he’s a hate figure on here for some but not me

Hause m8, i just re watched the derby match when we won 4-0 at villa park, Hause looked great at LB, literally no idea why we persisted with Taylor.

Targett with hause as back up LB/LCB this season should be the way.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Decent experienced back up for where we are, whenever he’s played he’s done ok, I know he’s a hate figure on here for some but not me

Not a hate figure for me and i was ok with him until the Burnley game. It was reminder of how poor he can be and cost us points.

I can forgive mistakes. I also don’t care that he can’t attack. I can’t forgive him ignoring the basics of defending.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

25 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Hause m8, i just re watched the derby match when we won 4-0 at villa park, Hause looked great at LB, literally no idea why we persisted with Taylor.

Targett with hause as back up LB/LCB this season should be the way.

He’s naturally a centre back though, I think Hause has been unfairly treated by Smith. He’s not even been in a Premier League matchday squad I don’t think. Whenever he played for us last season, he did well for me

23 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Not a hate figure for me and i was ok with him until the Burnley game. It was reminder of how poor he can be and cost us points.

I can forgive mistakes. I also don’t care that he can’t attack. I can’t forgive him ignoring the basics of defending.

You can’t fault him for effort, I think he’s done fine lately when called upon. We’re lucky that we have an upgrade in Targett who has already provided an assist

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s naturally a centre back though, I think Hause has been unfairly treated by Smith. He’s not even been in a Premier League matchday squad I don’t think. Whenever he played for us last season, he did well for me

I think he has put on a quite a lot of weight after he got that injury in preseason and hasn't quite looked up to snuff. I think once he has got better fitness we will see him more regularly. 

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

I think he has put on a quite a lot of weight after he got that injury in preseason and hasn't quite looked up to snuff. I think once he has got better fitness we will see him more regularly. 

Agreed, injuries will take it’s toll over the course of the season, that is why Smith brought him in, a cheap back up option

We’re linked with Alfredo Morelos who is banging in the goals at Rangers. I have a Rangers mate, who txt me a pic of him this morning with the message, “Hands off”. 

He looks good on YouTube anyway. He’s Colombian so perhaps we need Jaun Pab to have a word, if he really is any good. Rumoured at £20m. 

4 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

We’re linked with Alfredo Morelos who is banging in the goals at Rangers. I have a Rangers mate, who txt me a pic of him this morning with the message, “Hands off”. 

He looks good on YouTube anyway. He’s Colombian so perhaps we need Jaun Pab to have a word, if he really is any good. Rumoured at £20m. 

I wouldn’t be against this, but I do have a couple of concerns.  Firstly, his discipline is very questionable and didn’t he get sent off 3 times or more last season?  Secondly, the Scottish league is a difficult one to judge a goalscorer.  If you blindfolded Defoe and turned him around 3 times, he’d still score in every game.   Like i said, I wouldn’t be against it though. Age and ability is there. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Consensus on VT seems to be that he has a temper and picks up too many cards...

has 2 yellow in 19 games this season... 13 goals in those games, against terrible quality opponents mind.

Never seem him play myself.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Isn't "banging in the goals at rangers", the same as "banging in the goals in league 1"?

Granted some good players came from the Scottish league (Mcginn, van dijk), but we need to be careful when assessing what players do in all cases in the Scottish league, the league is terrible.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Isn't "banging in the goals at rangers", the same as "banging in the goals in league 1"?

Granted some good players came from the Scottish league (Mcginn, van dijk), but we need to be careful when assessing what players do in all cases in the Scottish league, the league is terrible.

Well he also scored a hattrick against that team from Gibraltar in the Europa League qualification...

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Seen a lot of Morelos, definitely can finish but question marks over his temperament disciplinary record is shocking, sent off 5 or 6 times last season ,teams would target him and he always took the bait, this season it’s a lot better, think he would be a decent signing for us but not sure he’s worth the £20 million being touted.

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses re Morelos. I know nothing of him, just a look at the obligatory YouTube video. As most have pointed out, he’d need to sort his temperament out and make the very big step up from the poor standard of Scottish football. Probably a click bait story at the end of the day. 

Wouldn't want us to touch Morelos with a barge poll especially at that price. He's an absolute nutjob and it's hard to judge whether anyones any good as the standard is ultimately so piss poor, a 37 year old Jermain Defoe looks like the 2nd coming of Pele over there.

20 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

I would much prefer the lad from Celtic, Morelos is okay but a complete head case.

• Like 2