January Transfers 2019/20

sne

4 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Always a step ahead of the rest of us ... !

it would make sense to be linked with West Brom youngsters since we nicked their youth staff.... 

Am I dreaming and being a tad unrealistic with the news that AC have to sell players to meet a €140mill deficit in Jan ... Leao or Piatek ? 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

I reckon if we'd stayed down we'd have signed Romain Sawyers. West Brom getting him for about 3m was one of the signings of the summer at any level.

I mentioned Rebic in the summer. He's been on the bench since signing for Milan so wonder if he'd be available on loan in January?

Ryan Fraser is out of contract at the end of this season.  He is only 25 and is a realistic, Deano-type signing who would provide some consistently and workrate in that wide left position.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Ryan Fraser is out of contract at the end of this season.  He is only 25 and is a realistic, Deano-type signing who would provide some consistently and workrate in that wide left position.

I’d be surprised if he didn't agree a new contract. 

On 13/10/2019 at 16:33, sne said:

Do we have a tread for this yet?

I hear a new forward might be needed in January... :)

If not, now we do.

Been linked with quite a few players already but nothing done yet as far as I know.

They've posted a list of players with expiring contracts in the Mail and there are some interesting names among them. Quite a few we'd never be able to attract of course.

But some that we might.

So as good a start as any

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/69-players-aston-villa-could-17076711

too many too old

13 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’d be surprised if he didn't agree a new contract. 

Isn't their talk one of the top 6 have tapped him up? Pretty sure Arsenal have been regularly linked to him, Man. United would certainly take him aswell, think he'd be good fit for Leicester with how they play.

We should try for Hearts 17 year old Left Back:  Aaron Hickey

He has been linked with Leicester, Southampton, Rangers & Man City this season.

I have watched him play and he has massive potential.

Fee would around £3million+ mark

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

What they hell are Scotland doing to their left backs?

Cloning them and selling them on for profit, can never have enough left backs, don’t know why we’re even suggesting left backs though seeing as we have two quality ones (Targett and Taylor)

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Cloning them and selling them on for profit, can never have enough left backs, don’t know why we’re even suggesting left backs though seeing as we have two quality ones (Targett and Taylor)

Targett is very good and is our first choice Left Back but we need look for a younger Left Back's as understudy! Hickey or Harry PIckering (Crewe) would be ideal.

Also this lad Aaron Hickey is 17 @sir_gary_cahill so he would be one for the future hence why i suggested him. :)  

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

Just now, Villan4Life said:

Targett is very good and is our first choice Left Back but Taylor needs replacing in my view.

Also this lad Aaron Hickey is 17 @sir_gary_cahill so he would be one for the future hence why i suggested him. :)  

Agree with you, need to prepare for the future, personally I’ve never heard of Hickey, how good is he? What are his strengths/weaknesses?

42 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he is decent cover for where we are, we will obviously need an upgrade soon but we’ve just spent £11m on Targett so it’s not a pressing concern for me

Hause is a better LB than Taylor tbh.

Really think the bench should be hause and konsa defensively not Taylor/konsa.

• Like 3