January Transfers 2019/20

sne

Benrahma, a CF and a young LB and we'd be set. We can just watch this team grow for a couple of seasons and add the odd marquee signing along the way to replace outgoing players. We really put ourselves in a great position this summer.

I have a feeling we may only see a CF in January that is unless DS wants to drop Jack back into the midfield 3.

As it is with Jack out left and either Trez/Al Ghazi out on the right not sure we desperately need to buy this window but Benrahma would be a nice option to also have available, I do think Brentford will try and pull our pants down with the price though.

Wouldn't be disappointed if no midfielders came in as we have strength in depth there.

Cover for Targett would be good to have so we can gradually phase Taylor out. 

I'm willing to bet anyone we buy will be from either the Championship or foreign shores though, so no PL experience which does make it a little harder to settle them in.

Jack is our number 10! Only want a striker that can play wide as well  as centrally.  Two fullbacks (one right and one left) and a marque wideman in the summer. Don't think Benrahma is the right move. In the summer when we stay up a statement of intent will be needed to send a message to the rest of the league and our top players that the top half of the league and europe is where we believe we should be and what we are aiming for.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, zab6359 said:

For those that watched the Championship a lot last year, what about Ollie Watkins in the number 10 position behind Wesley? Is he good enough to step up?

Not as good as benrahma.

• Thanks 1

For this season, I just think we need both fullback positions covering with players similar to Guilbert and Targett and another CF....we can then move a couple of players on who are surplus to requirements. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

For this season, I just think we need both fullback positions covering with players similar to Guilbert and Targett and another CF....we can then move a couple of players on who are surplus to requirements. 

Linked with Norwegian RB Omar Alabdellaoui (Olympiacos) in a few papers.

Articles saying he's out of contract in the summer (although Transfermarkt has him on contract until 2021) and we are among a couple of clubs looking to sign him on a free in the summer or cheap in Jan.

Makes sense as Elmo won't be here much longer.

Seen him quite a lot and he's not too shabby. Sure our Norwegian posters knows him even better.

Came through the Man City academy and was on loan at Hull a few seasons back.

27 y.o

Edit: Speaking of Norwegians, Filip Möller Delaveris is supposed to be a huge talent, is he someone we should look at with the future in mind?

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, MickeyC_UTV said:

But 2 of those Players are ours already..well done BM another great piece of journalism  

All we need now is for VillaReport to tweet it  

It really is pathetic. 

Step 1: Visit Transfermarkt website

Step 2: Set filter to 'contract expires 2020'

Step 3: Copy the name of every player you have heard of into your article template

Step 4: Upload

Unnecessary Step: Engage brain at any point in the process

I know they say 'you get what you pay for' but they should be paying me to click on that shit.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tomaspg said:

shouldnt we be past the point of looking at championship players? We dont need to rebuild the whole squad just add a couple of quality signings.

I don't think so, there is still room for signing young and hungry players that fit Dean's style and ethos and they are as likely to come from the Championship as anywhere else.  Maybe next season the proven quality marquee players can come if we stay up but Bowen for example in January looks a decent bet. 

13 hours ago, tomaspg said:

shouldnt we be past the point of looking at championship players? 

Not at all.

Good players  don't always play in the top leagues . We bought McGinn from Scotland which isn't even technically a Country.

I'd still like to see this happen to be honest.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, tomaspg said:

shouldnt we be past the point of looking at championship players? We dont need to rebuild the whole squad just add a couple of quality signings.

Championship and abroad is exactly where we should be looking lots and lots of talent available for a fraction of the PL prices, at a fraction of the wages until they prove themselves.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

All in for a new striker, mentioned him before but would be more than happy with Batshuyai on loan with option to buy.

Would imagine we'll look at getting in a winger from somewhere given the apparent interest in Sisto on deadline day.

Only played 36 minutes this season all as a sub. Not sure if he has been injured. 

On 14/10/2019 at 22:40, Keyblade said:

Benrahma, a CF and a young LB and we'd be set. We can just watch this team grow for a couple of seasons and add the odd marquee signing along the way to replace outgoing players. We really put ourselves in a great position this summer.

I personally don't care for Benrahma, he's not that good. Ideally we'll be in for better.

22 hours ago, tomaspg said:

Plenty of decent players in Lower leagues that could probably step up.  It is a good grounding for young players, your comment read like you are looking down on the League.

Didn't Spurs sign Gareth Bale and Kyle Walker from Championship clubs?

22 hours ago, sne said:

Linked with Norwegian RB Omar Alabdellaoui (Olympiacos) in a few papers.

I've used him on Football Manager many times.

Got everything you want in a fullback.

That being said, never seen him play in real life!

• Like 1