January Transfers 2019/20

sne

For the sake of comparison between style and performance.

Expected Goals this Season

Aston Villa: 27.16
Crystal Palace: 19.70
Newcastle United: 17.82

AC Milan: 24.05

AC Milan has scored 16 actual goals, so an expected goals of 24.05 means they've scored eight fewer goals than they should have. 

As for Piatek, his personal expected goals is at 7.52 in Serie A, which is 3.52 more than he's scored. So he's been a little unlucky. Keep in mind we have a front office that claims to be analytically inclined. Odds are they're aware of all of this.

Edited by VillaHatesMe
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

You never seen the Gabby Somersault? Or the Robbie Keane Cartwheel Somersault Pistol?

If ever there was a club for a striker with a shit goal celebration, it's Villa.

And the Andi Weiman celebration. Remember when Gabby tried to immitate it in that 6-1 win over sunderland ? By god he looked stupid  

Edited by gwi1890

It would be typical Villa if we sign a £25m striker from AC Milan only to get vaporized in a nuclear war the day after.

Edit: should've seen he has a player thread and that joke had been made inside the first 10 posts

Edited by sharkyvilla

4 hours ago, Ikantcpell said:

If he do signs he need to stop with that pistol goal celebration, one of the worst i have seen.

You know, I just could grow to love it. If he signs and if he does it often enough to keep us up, between now and the end of the season. ;)

This certainly is a big upgrade on the strikers that we had been linked with earlier in this window. 

Off topic but I was bored in work earlier and found myself watching this video and missing this absolute dude. A lot of factors at play, but (even aside from the injuries) if his minutes at United remain sparse and we manage to retain our place in the league I'd love for us to try to get him back. Himself and Mings complimented each other so well as a back two, and furthermore you'd imagine he more than has the capabilities to excel in a back 3 if that's something we'd end up sticking with going forward.

5 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Off topic but I was bored in work earlier and found myself watching this video and missing this absolute dude. A lot of factors at play, but (even aside from the injuries) if his minutes at United remain sparse and we manage to retain our place in the league I'd love for us to try to get him back. Himself and Mings complimented each other so well as a back two, and furthermore you'd imagine he more than has the capabilities to excel in a back 3 if that's something we'd end up sticking with going forward.

Would love a back 3 of Tuanzebe, Mings and Konsa. 

Serious 🔥

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Aston Villa are reportedly considering a move for AS Roma striker Gregoire Defrel.

https://tbrfootball.com/report-aston-villa-interested-in-french-striker-gregoire-defrel/

It kinda looks like we're going for players who have done it before but are a bit down on their luck - Drinkwater, Piatek etc. - in the hope that we can resurrect their careers a la Mings. It's a bold strategy, let's see if it pays off.. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sne said:

Wasn't that Hairyhands?

Yeah that was Hairyhands.  Not sure if he was the assistant manager but was very close to Lambert(if not Lambert himself).  The club weeded him out in the end unfortunately. 

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Getting the impression (as have others) that this Milan stuff is about Reina - which is far more likely - given both rumours from there have occurred at the same time. I wouldn't mind that one bit. 

Aston Villa have been offered the chance to sign goalkeeper Pepe Reina from AC Milan this month, a report claims, amid links to Krzysztof Piatek as well.

https://sempremilan.com/report-aston-villa-in-talks-with-ex-liverpool-star-as-double-raid-on-milan-takes-shape

I think we're starting to go off as if FFP isn't a concern in the slightest. 

We should still have the TV deal money anyhow right, isn't that around the 100 mill mark for even a club smack bang at the bottom.

I am curious as to how much we have coming in, because while we have spent around three quarters of the promotion money, for being in the premier there are more ways that clubs earn are there not??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Indigo said:

said in the summer, and it might be cutting your nose off to spite your face, **** him, he's currently doing what every man and his dog knew he would be doing, struggling to warm utd's bench let alone get many games, whilst donkeys like jones get picked ahead of him, we were interested in him in the summer and he chose utd over us, chose the pay rise and now if we were to go in for him utd have the power to increase his price to over £20m

walk away like a jilted lover

9 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I think we're starting to go off as if FFP isn't a concern in the slightest. 

We should still have the TV deal money anyhow right, isn't that around the 100 mill mark for even a club smack bang at the bottom.

I am curious as to how much we have coming in, because while we have spent around three quarters of the promotion money, for being in the premier there are more ways that clubs earn are there not??

as I said in the barry thread, its all about payment structure, we bought Wes for £22m, doesn't mean we gave them £22m upfront in the summer impacting FFP, it'll hopefully be spread across his contract, its what all the big teams are doing, its what you'd hope purslow in an expert in, if he says we have £30m to spunk up the wall then relax and enjoy it, he knows more than any gutter journalist or blues nose blogger does

• Like 1