January Transfers 2019/20

sne

I have a mate who's pretty good with his Italian football and he told me he can't really do anything at all except finish and even then he hasn't been able to do that this season. Don't expect anything else from him because he rarely touches the ball. 

54924a9fa84df2b2fbcd4f564bf22c48.png

3 of those were penalties.

I'm just going to hope the Italian media have lost the plot and this is a load of rubbish. 

• Like 1

Apparently his mother doesn't like Frank Lampard and has also recently become a Nun.

She's a Piatek Anti Frank Nun. 

I'll get my coat....... 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I have a mate who's pretty good with his Italian football and he told me he can't really do anything at all except finish and even then he hasn't been able to do that this season. Don't expect anything else from him because he rarely touches the ball. 

I'm just going to hope the Italian media have lost the plot and this is a load of rubbish. 

I've been delving into his stats just now and not impressed and several Serie A strikers come to PL and are absolute junk

5 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Yeah we have one of those players already in Hourihane 

11 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

4 in 18 for Milan and 14 for Genoa in a season. Aren't those Wesleyesque numbers?

No, they really aren't. He was only at Genoa for half a season and scored 19 goals (13 in Serie A). He then scored a further 11 for Milan (9 in Serie A) in the 2nd half of last season. They've been creating nothing this season, and the whole team is getting slated (bar Theo Hernandez and Donnarumma). Piatek would be a massive coup.

• Like 4

Just now, Zatman said:

He got 22 goals last season. 14 for Genoa and 9 for Milan. This season he has struggled but Milan are crap

You are right. I saw 8 cup goals and subtracted but was 22 league plus 8 cup. Hmm that's much better

One of the main criticisms of Wesley was his lack of getting into the box, Piatek is probably the opposite of that which will probably get us out of relegation trouble

They could actually work as a 2 if this transfer happens

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

I’ve never heard of Piatek but I just watched his 30 goals from last season and I think it’s safe to say if he signed for us he’d definitely be the best striker in the Premier League. 

He was the hottest striker in Europe for a couple of months last season. Avaraged pretty much a goal a game for Genoa between August and December so they sold him for a €30m profit to Milan in January last year. I thought he'd been doing alright at Milan but his numbers have fallen off of a cliff this season. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

One of the main criticisms of Wesley was his lack of getting into the box, Piatek is probably the opposite of that which will probably get us out of relegation trouble

They could actually work as a 2 if this transfer happens

Grab him and another striker (On Loan) and we will be on fire!!! Need 2 imo

2 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

He was the hottest striker in Europe for a couple of months last season. Avaraged pretty much a goal a game for Genoa between August and December so they sold him for a €30m profit to Milan in January last year. I thought he'd been doing alright at Milan but his numbers have fallen off of a cliff this season. 

Now I’m even more convinced he’d be the best striker in the league. Or second best after Louie Barry at least.

I honestly can’t comment on him but astonished to see so many people saying that a €30m striker from Milan who has always scored goals before this year would be a disaster when our only striker is Jonathan Kodjia.

Anyway likely just paper talk so I won’t get too opinionated either way 😂