January Transfers 2019/20

sne

Desperately need a quality striker, with half the season to go we would be stupid not to prioritise that position and throw some money at it.

Still hopeful on Piatek (or similar), we need a goalscorer we can rely on rather than any stop gaps. If we fail to make such a signing, I fear we will really struggle. We can’t skimp on this (no over the hill, unreliable, low quality  shite like Murray, Benteke etc.) especially as our PL survival depends on it!

Relying on Kodjia, Davis, Hogan??? & a poor signing would be suicide. We need top quality.

2 good signings and offloading Kodjia & Hogan would be the dream...

Plus, we also need to look at wingers at least.

Edited by Jas10
  • Thanks 1

I never believed the Piatek link to begin with, because of FFP I doubt we're in a position to be spending £30m on one player, if we want a player on that level I suspect it's going to have to be via a loan deal with an option to buy. Also, I know that they're two different players and people but I couldn't but help think of Cutrone, another young striker from Milan who had one good season with them, then went to Wolves and has struggled, now going back to Italy.

10 minutes ago, useless said:

I never believed the Piatek link to begin with, because of FFP I doubt we're in a position to be spending £30m on one player, if we want a player on that level I suspect it's going to have to be via a loan deal with an option to buy. Also, I know that they're two different players and people but I couldn't but help think of Cutrone, another young striker from Milan who had one good season with them, then went to Wolves and has struggled, now going back to Italy.

Cutrone is Italian though. I am inclined to think Polish players are better suited to the PL. 

Fwiw I think there's plenty of talent in Poland. One of the first nations I'd establish a good network in. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

Are we not after Britt Assombalonga as well for 15 million, he's a no from me and it's a joke that we havnt even learned our lessons in buying player who are injured. He's set to return in two weeks from an ankle injury, I just hope we've covered our bases and found out if he's not had that many injuries.

If these Britt Assombalonga rumours are true it’s screams a bit of a white flag signing ... 
I will not be impressed with Dean if he is actually signed and will question his judgement and premier league managership capabilities ... He has always been a lower league manager working with lower league players... hope it’s all bollox and I’m gunna be super pissed if Piatek joins the toon ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Desperately need a quality striker, with half the season to go we would be stupid not to prioritise that position and throw some money at it.

Still hopeful on Piatek (or similar), we need a goalscorer we can rely on rather than any stop gaps. If we fail to make such a signing, I fear we will really struggle. We can’t skimp on this (no over the hill, unreliable, low quality  shite like Murray, Benteke etc.) especially as our PL survival depends on it!

Relying on Kodjia, Davis, Hogan??? & a poor signing would be suicide. We need top quality.

2 good signings and offloading Kodjia & Hogan would be the dream...

Plus, we also need to look at wingers at least.

Exactly my thoughts.

4 minutes ago, thabucks said:

If these Britt Assombalonga rumours are true it’s screams a bit of a white flag signing ... 
I will not be impressed with Dean if he is actually signed and will question his judgement and premier league managership capabilities ... He has always been a lower league manager working with lower league players... hope it’s all bollox and I’m gunna be super pissed if Piatek joins the toon ...

Surely you should be questioning our scouting network and Suso more?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, useless said:

Cutrone best Milan season was 10 goals, nothing like Piateks

24 minutes ago, useless said:

another one who cost more than wes and gone on to do even less

I doubt there's any truth to the Assombalonga rumours, but he's a good player and would be our best forward if he signed. Plus he'd likely be brought in as a back-up striker, Smith has said we might sign two, if that's the case it's very unlikely indeed that the both of them will be big glamorous signings.

5 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Surely you should be questioning our scouting network and Suso more?

Poss yeah but my personal opinion is if he signs Dean would have pushed for it and he would have recommended him to the board . Just my own personal conjecture based on nothing solid.