January Transfers 2019/20

sne

Just had a look at Giroud's premier league record on transfermarkt, if the information on there is correct then it's much better than I thought, according to that site in terms of minutes in the premier league he's played the equivalent of 143 games, and in that time scored 78 goals and assisted another 32 goals...

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Giroud is magnificent holding the ball up so really comparing him to Wes who is still inexperience at this level is a bit silly. It sticks more upfront and so Jack can link up more with the CF than he's done so far this season.

Giroud also makes good near and far post runs on crosses (see his goal in europa league final) so again I'm hopeful we'd see improvement in that area as again Wes is just to static in those situations.

I also a quicker wider player who can also play centrally will also be signed so that should improve our counter attack ability.

If you look at the opposition he scored against, they are not exactly great teams, bar Arsenal in the final. Yes i agree he is better than Wesley at holding the ball up, but i fear he is a lot slower, and just look at how bad Chelsea was when they relied on Giroud against West Ham.

Try and get an offer in for Vitesse LB Max Clark so we can get rid of Taylor.

He already almost has the Grealish/Nyland hair do

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Elton said:

I don’t think Giroud is cup tied for the league cup, so that may add an extra incentive to get him to sign.

He's not. Was an unused sub in one game.

If he's up for the move then I think he'd be ideal. Apart from providing a focal point to our attack he'd bring with him a host of experience that we're otherwise lacking in our side.

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Giroud would be the best player in our squad apart from Grealish and maybe McGinn

absolute no brainer if he’s gettable

& Mings. He is very decent though, if he would be prepared to move to us.

Giroud would be an excellent bit of business. 

Cebu Tosun could be a good second piece of business too if we can’t get Giroud. Was an excellent player before he went to Everton. 

Jarrod Bowen should be the first one we go after! 

Bowen        Grealish 

Giroud 

3 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

Giroud would be an excellent bit of business. 

Cebu Tosun could be a good second piece of business too if we can’t get Giroud. Was an excellent player before he went to Everton. 

Jarrod Bowen should be the first one we go after! 

Bowen        Grealish 

Giroud 

Would be great if we could get Tosun and Giroud, I think we need more than one centre forward. Bowen on top of those and I’d be drooling 

1 hour ago, useless said:

What would the point be in recalling Hogan and loaning him out elsewhere? We aren't going to secure a better deal and he isn't a youngster that needs games.

If he cannot get in at Stoke then quite frankly, tough shit.

5 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Yeah, i suggested him on here last week.

The lads a baller!!

Yeah we both did, honestly not seen more than highlights and read some articles.

Any idea what they are asking for him?

Edit: Apparently only has 18 months left on his contract but Liverpool are seeing him as a perfect back up to Robinson so...

Edited by sne