January Transfers 2019/20

sne

Giroud has a chance to start for France at the Euros having led the line winning the world cup.

It'll be an incredible signing but it's so unlikely. I think he would easily wait until the end of the window anyway unfortunately.

He'd go anywhere he'll play, but the closer to the top of the division the better. Lyon have just lost Depay and Dembele is linked with various teams, if I was him I'd be looking somewhere like that.

Without wanting to turn this in to the lovely ladies thread, i see nigella lawson has turned 60 & has an "official" pic published.

10/10 WB 🤤 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Without wanting to turn this in to the lovely ladies thread, i see nigella lawson has turned 60 & has an "official" pic published.

10/10 WB 🤤 

RIP lovely ladies thread

• Sad 3

A few have linked us to Moussa Marega. He scored for Porto away to Sporting Lisbon tonight (Bolasie started for them) and asked a guy who watches the league regularly and he says he'd be a good player in premier league. Pace, power and apparently can also play out wide as well as being the central striker.

Sort of attacking signing we need to make in addition to a Giroud type imo so that might be worth one watching as Porto players always have a price as we've seen in last 20 years.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

He was one name suggested. Another was a Mainz striker who got a bad injury, don't know if he's fit now.

Jean-Phillipe Mateta . Heard he was the one we wanted back in the summer. Looks a great player. 

• Like 1

Mateta looks good, great age, good size, bit of pace, good feet, great movement off the ball, can finish. Would love to see him kicking our corner flags.

Edited by Wezbid

He has just returned to fitness ... lucky it wasn’t his ACL , torn meniscus. He looks a better version of Wesley. Doesn’t fit with Dean’s hit the ground running comments so doubt it’s a goer now . 

• Like 1

I have a sneaking feeling Benteke would be straight back to his best for us... I know few will agree but I’d love to see it.

Edit: ha, just signed a new Palace contract a few weeks ago. Surprising when he hasn’t been pulling up trees, but I guess they didn’t want to lose him on a free this summer.

Edited by Adam2003

4 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I have a sneaking feeling Benteke would be straight back to his best for us... I know few will agree but I’d love to see it.

If he did come back and score a goal early on I reckon his confidence would be higher as a result than it has been in years which would make a difference.  He would be our hero again if we stayed up.  Pretty big 'if' though.

Edited by sharkyvilla

57 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

10/10 WB 🤤 

Damn I did my own research after this post. Agreed. Sign her up. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

Benteke hasn't shown anything over the past few years to justify being given the responsibility of keeping us in the league. It's blind faith and hanging on to memories of better times.

Sadly true.