January Transfers 2019/20

sne

22 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

What would the point be in recalling Hogan and loaning him out elsewhere? We aren't going to secure a better deal and he isn't a youngster that needs games.

If he cannot get in at Stoke then quite frankly, tough shit.

Still better for us if he’s actually somewhere he can get a game. 

More likely for some poor club to buy him

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

What would the point be in recalling Hogan and loaning him out elsewhere? We aren't going to secure a better deal and he isn't a youngster that needs games.

If he cannot get in at Stoke then quite frankly, tough shit.

Surely we want to be putting Hogan as much in the shop window as possible. Far better chancing him doing well in another loan than have him not playing at Stoke. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Surely we want to be putting Hogan as much in the shop window as possible. Far better chancing him doing well in another loan than have him not playing at Stoke. 

I think I am already resigned to paying this guy until he leaves tbf. Nobody is going to take on his deal.

He can't get a kick for one of the worst sides in the Championship. It will be league 1 next offering him a 5k a week contract if he is lucky 

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Still better for us if he’s actually somewhere he can get a game. 

More likely for some poor club to buy him

Personally I'd like to see us just release him. We will subsidise virtually all his wages from now til the end of his contract due to his inability to find any form worthy of a sale. 

Just now, avfc1982am said:

Personally I'd like to see us just release him. We will subsidise virtually all his wages from now til the end of his contract due to his inability to find any form worthy of a sale. 

To release him we’d have to pay all of his wages anyway so it makes no sense. 

Unless we can negotiate some sort of lower pay off, we may as well hold out for someone to buy him

Just now, Stevo985 said:

To release him we’d have to pay all of his wages anyway so it makes no sense. 

Unless we can negotiate some sort of lower pay off, we may as well hold out for someone to buy him

I'd try to negotiate the release tbh. You could've said the same about McCormack but sometimes it's just better to get these players gone away from the club. 

It's not disagreeing with you either just making a point. 

6 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I'd try to negotiate the release tbh. You could've said the same about McCormack but sometimes it's just better to get these players gone away from the club. 

It's not disagreeing with you either just making a point. 

We’ve probably tried. If the player says no there’s nothing we can do. 

• Like 1

Truly scary stuff the Mail uses to headline our transfer articles :D 

0_GettyImages-1017793328.jpg

And then they add Britt Assombalonga and Darren Randolph from Middlesbrough 😱

Edited by sne
  • Haha 1

We're not being linked with any wingers, but Smith has said that there's a possibility of us signing two strikers, so maybe the second forward we go for will be a pacey type that can also play on the wing, succeed in achieving two things in a single action.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, useless said:

We're not being linked with any wingers, but Smith has said that there's a possibility of us signing two strikers, so maybe the second forward we go for will be a pacey type that can also play on the wing, succeed in achieving two things in a single action.

We've been linked with Bowen and Benrahma constantly no?