January Transfers 2019/20

sne

6 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Id rather get rid of three useless strikers and bring in one useful striker. I would also buy another striker, possibly Tom Barkhuizen from PNE I forgot to add him to that list. To complete that list however I would bring a third striker in but add from the U23s and give youth a chance.

Barkhuizen has never hit double figures in the Championship, same amount of league goals as Wesley this season

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Bowen, Benerama, Vida, Giroud on loan, decent window?

Yes I'd be more than happy with that. Being greedy I'd like a decent keeper in as not convinced Nyland will look as good once he gets a run of games but less of a priority if Steer will be back soon.

That's probably more of what we should've done in the summer. Two experienced done it players like Vida and Giroud for next 6-18 months and then Bowen and Benrahma as two of the better championship players who look likely to step up.

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

The problem with signing Giroud is that Inter and Atletico are chasing him as well. Inter looking for a back up striker and Atletico are chasing him or Cavani

Yeah it's a difficult one to pull off but then he could just stay back up at Chelsea for six more months if it's going to be like that at the two clubs you've mentioned.

• Like 1

Have to remember that Giroud link has come from Gregg Evans, don't know if he has better sources since leaving the Birmingham Mail to work for The Athletic, but just the other day he was saying that we were going to stick with Nyland as our first choice goalkeepr, but since Smith has contradicted that by saying that we've been watching goalkeepers and have a number of candidates that we could sign. He might be right about Giroud, but seems much of what he says is still speculative, as is the case with most football journalists.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dave-R said:

When you put it In that way then I spose your right.

Darn you for making me see reason.

Doesn’t happen often - I’m like a stopped clock regarding being right mate 😂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, useless said:

We're not being linked with any wingers, but Smith has said that there's a possibility of us signing two strikers, so maybe the second forward we go for will be a pacey type that can also play on the wing, succeed in achieving two things in a single action.

A must IMO. Giroud is quality but we simply have to get pace out wide if he comes in. We have virtually no pace in the attacking third at all. Must be remedied in Jan for us to stay up. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, useless said:

Have to remember that Giroud link has come from Gregg Evans, don't know if he has better sources since leaving the Birmingham Mail to work for The Athletic, but just the other day he was saying that we were going to stick with Nyland as our first choice goalkeepr, but since Smith has contradicted that by saying that we've been watching goalkeepers and have a number of candidates that we could sign. He might be right about Giroud, but seems much of what he says is still speculative, as is the case with most football journalists.

Journalists are never going to get everything transfer related 100 percent correct.

As i'm assuming certain things are changing/evolving all the time.

Deano does always say he hopes the press are the last people to know whoever we are after.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Man City, Liverpool and Barcelona apparently all after Adama Traore.

What a f*ck up by us.

The problem was his wages, nothing else. He had a crazy escalator built-in when he signed and he would have been on £100k per week in his second season with us etc. That would obviously be ridiculous then as he was rubbish and it’s taken 3 seasons to start producing anything worthwhile and even now it’s dubious whether he is worth that level of wages.

He is a decent player now. The scouts bought some decent talent that season, we would love Adama, Gueye, Amavi, Veretout and Ayew today, any one of them, let alone all of them!

• Like 1