January Transfers 2019/20

sne

Wonder how much money Liverpool will throw at Ryan Fraser, what role they are offering him and if they will wait until the summer to sign him or if they will try in January.

Obviously we can't compete if they really want him, but would be a very interesting signing for us.

In general I can't remember a season where so many top quality players are sitting on expiring contracts.

Granted many of them are getting on a bit but wow.

Edited by sne

16 minutes ago, sne said:

Wonder how much money Liverpool will throw at Ryan Fraser, what role they are offering him and if they will wait until the summer to sign him or if they will try in January.

Obviously we can't compete if they really want him, but would be a very interesting signing for us.

In general I can't remember a season where so many top quality players are sitting on expiring contracts.

Granted many of them are getting on a bit but wow.

No doubt the media will tell everyone that it was £0.5m so that they can continue the narrative that Liverpool (Klopp) hasn’t spent any money.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Thought I'd heard Zlatan had signed for AC Milan again.

Nothing done yet.

He's been linked to a few clubs in Europe but he still has most of his business interests in the US so he may still remain there.

He recently sold his flat in Milan, not that this really means anything.

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

No doubt the media will tell everyone that it was £0.5m so that they can continue the narrative that Liverpool (Klopp) hasn’t spent any money.

Strange signing as they have a lot of options at the top end of the pitch.

Salah, Mane, Origi, Shaqiri, Firmino.

I wonder if they'll be letting Origi or Shaqiri leave?

15 hours ago, S-Platt said:

Anyone mentioned Zlatan on a free?  Could teach Wes a thing or 2 and be the man to keep us up!

I will get my tin hat on now.

Would love to see that happen.  He is a legend and still even at his age has something to offer in my opinion.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Genie said:

Depending on which source they are either in for him or it's all bull.

James Pearce, the guy covering Plop for The Athletic is claiming it is nothing in it. 

Who knows.

25 minutes ago, Genie said:

Never in a million years would he come to Villa for a relegation battle, that's why... 🙂

He also would not move his family to Birmingham.

Manchester was a one off because he wanted to prove himself and his doubters that he could do it in England but generally it has to be a big "hip" city where Helena and his kids can live and enjoy.

Not sure Birmingham can offer this and commuting from London might be a bit much, even if we give him a helicopter :D 

16 hours ago, gurru991 said:

He really hasn't done much of anything since joining us and has even lost his spot with the Nigerian team. I know lots of sports media have been raving about Leicester's scouting but we also made a few boners along the way & it's looking like Iheanacho might be one of them.

strikers in general, vardy is an obvious exception, you can argue Ulloa and okazaki served a purpose but after that you've spent almost £130m on perez, ghezzal, Iheanacho, slimani and musa, that's mental money

Rodgers did sign dembele and Edouard for celtic so who knows

53 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

strikers in general, vardy is an obvious exception, you can argue Ulloa and okazaki served a purpose but after that you've spent almost £130m on perez, ghezzal, Iheanacho, slimani and musa, that's mental money

Rodgers did sign dembele and Edouard for celtic so who knows

one fifty-five if you include Iheanacho.

2 hours ago, Genie said:

More likely Lallana. On a sidenote I followed the Villa-Liverpool game on twitter last Saturday. The bile and hatred LFC fans have for their own players is astounding - particularly Henderson and Lallana. It was far worse than any other team's twitter feed I've followed. It was far worse than anything Villa fans had for their own side in our relegation season. I'd hate to see it if they actually lost a game....

I hope we sign some players with some battling qualities.....players, who can give you something when the chips are down.

Its all very well having moments in a game and flashes of talent, sure we all love that.....but We want/Need 90 minuters who can help you stay in a game and grind down the opposition.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

I hope we sign some players with some battling qualities.....players, who can give you something when the chips are down.

Its all very well having moments in a game and flashes of talent, sure we all love that.....but We want/Need 90 minuters who can help you stay in a game and grind down the opposition.

Definitely agree our midfield gets exhausted and run off the pitch by 60 minutes especially mcginn. I also think we need to look at a 6'0+ midfielder who can win aerial balls and bully lads.