January Transfers 2019/20

sne

We shouldn't be selling ourselves as a stepping stone to potential new players there's no need and it sends out the wrong message, if players do well for us then they'll attract the attention of 'bigger clubs' anyway. That tactic is just as likely to put players off as it's to make them want to sign.

2 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

And.that statement alone tells me what you know really about football.

Actually it show much attention I pay to palace. He was Shit at Valencia that same season, which probably caused me to get my wires crossed. He is a player that has never impressed me whenever I have seen him. One thing that sticks out are the horrible misses for palace, and belgium at the world cup.

Edited by Philosopher

3 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

Lolz!!!!!! Funny how all of those mentioned bar Traore gave more to the cause than the established players already at the club the season we went down. I'm pretty sure if they hadn't shown anything not one of them would have improved on their careers. Funny how they all have, including Traore. Crazy comment.

Gana was quality, sure Everton's struggles are because they haven't adequately replaced him.

Looking to europe wonder if Justin Kluivert might be worth looking at for a loan. He's scored a couple of goals for Roma this season but has been largely a sub in his time there as they obviously have Dzeko as first choice and Zaniolo is pretty good aswell.

Only 20 still and reckon he'd fancy a spell in premier league to get back on track.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Looking to europe wonder if Justin Kluivert might be worth looking at for a loan. He's scored a couple of goals for Roma this season but has been largely a sub in his time there as they obviously have Dzeko as first choice and Zaniolo is pretty good aswell.

Only 20 still and reckon he'd fancy a spell in premier league to get back on track.

Good shout on Kluivert. Like El Ghazi his career seems to have stalled since he left Ajax, though younger than AEG and with more potential imo. Recently lost his place in the Dutch squad but he’ll be desperate to play at the Euros and we could help him get there. Need to have a few agreed to buy him permanently in the summer though.

I am not precious about how much money we spend, in as much as its so easy to make a mistake.

What I do want us to sign, is, players " We are lucky to have"......now that might mean loans.

I am sceptical when players come out and say they are lucky to be at Villa......I want us to be lucky to have them.....its the wrong way around.

so far I would say we have 3 players we are lucky to have.....Grealish,McGinn and Mings....and that's it.

We need more than that guys.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I am not precious about how much money we spend, in as much as its so easy to make a mistake.

What I do want us to sign, is, players " We are lucky to have"......now that might mean loans.

I am sceptical when players come out and say they are lucky to be at Villa......I want us to be lucky to have them.....its the wrong way around.

so far I would say we have 3 players we are lucky to have.....Grealish,McGinn and Mings....and that's it.

We need more than that guys.

We are lucky to have them all

9 minutes ago, Villa Stu said:

Not the most exciting names but what about a double swoop for Lolley and grabban? Just thinking we could do with a few more players that would put a shift in us

Neither are Premier League quality in my opinion 

• Like 1

Are they any worse than Wes and AEG?

At least they would work for the club

Don't forget people said that Tammy wasn’t prem quality

I think they are worse than Wesley and El Ghazi, yes, we’ve paid an awful lot of money for them. I think it would be foolish to write them off after such little time

Personally, I always thought Abraham was good enough for Chelsea. He’s proving that currently, let’s see if he can maintain it

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

Are they any worse than Wes and AEG?

At least they would work for the club

Don't forget people said that Tammy wasn’t prem quality

Grabban turns 32 in a few months, he'll never be PL quality.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think they are worse than Wesley and El Ghazi, yes, we’ve paid an awful lot of money for them. I think it would be foolish to write them off after such little time

Personally, I always thought Abraham was good enough for Chelsea. He’s proving that currently, let’s see if he can maintain it

I’m not writing off AEG or Wes. When AEG is on his game he is unbelievable but he is hot and cold. I just think it would do them both good to have some real competition and it wouldn’t break the bank.

By the way I’m not saying they would be my first choices, I was just pointing out that I think they would be gettable and offer us something. I would much prefer us to sign players like Wilson, Giroud etc but it’s not always plausible

• Like 1

I had a look on a Forest forum a few weeks back and it seemed they weren't very impressed with Lolley this season, some of them were actually saying that they hoped we'd come and buy him in January. El Ghazi and Trezeguet are actually doing quite well in terms of goals and assists, better than most wingers new to the league, if anyone expects much better you have to pay mega money, we've also got Grealish who's now back on the wing, so I wouldn't be certain that we're even going to sign a new wide player in January, now that Grealish has moved out of midfield, a central midfielder might be more likely.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, useless said:

I had a look on a Forest forum a few weeks back and it seemed they weren't very impressed with Lolley this season, some of them were actually saying that they hoped we'd come and buy him in January. El Ghazi and Trezeguet are actually doing quite well in terms of goals and assists, better than most wingers new to the league, if anyone expects much better you have to pay mega money, we've also got Grealish who's now back on the wing, so I wouldn't be certain that we're even going to sign a new wide player in January, now that Grealish has moved out of midfield, a central midfielder might be more likely.

I think Lolley is a decent championship player but I don’t think he would improve our team. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think Lolley is a decent championship player but he don’t think he would improve our team. 

And me, I like him, decent player and obvious villa link but he'd be a £15-20m not guaranteed starter

Fwiw I think bowen is the same

• Like 1

On 15/11/2019 at 09:31, VillaFaninLondon said:

Good shout on Kluivert. Like El Ghazi his career seems to have stalled since he left Ajax, though younger than AEG and with more potential imo. Recently lost his place in the Dutch squad but he’ll be desperate to play at the Euros and we could help him get there. Need to have a few agreed to buy him permanently in the summer though.

He's been hit and miss, bad first season by his own admission. At times in full flight he looks phenomenal, then is poor immediately doing something simple, the dutch rate him and he does look a talent at times. In other news he was caught driving the wrong way up a one way once, so maybe his vision aint great ;)

• Haha 1