Cameron Archer

Zatman

20 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

whether he will make it at PL level who knows (in terms of all round game), but one thing is for sure, the lad is a clinical finisher, i dont honestly remember the last time i saw a lad with such a finish on him.

I know what you are saying and I do agree, but a striker who scores goals is invaluable. Imagine him being fed by Buendia.

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

amazing that he struggled to get a game on loan at Solihull Moors last season in the National League, but now he score a goal per game in the cup for us, and is scoring in the Champ now.

madness!

He's developed really quickly (KW.jpg) since the Solihull days. 

Thats why i'm not concerned about Barry at all - plenty of time for him to develop. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

The performance against Chelsea was enough to convince me he has the ability to make it. He’s got searing pace ,excellent technical ability good finishing and movement with stealth which means he gets that extra second of space.

If he keeps on the straight and narrow he’ll be a genuinely top striker. Early days of course but he’s got something.

Like that Man City player who they signed in the summer for £100m you can tell he’s got it. 

3/4 of our youngsters will end up being Championship and lower Prem players imo. Others will filter down to league 1/2.

But Archer, Chuk, JPB and Iroegbunam have got that extra fizz to be at the upper end of the game. Hopefully.

And KKH? Barry? JJ already there.

Buying in these top kids and investing in the academy to produce our own is a great economic model. And exciting.

• Like 2

How Archer Compares to other notable loans at Preston North End

Cameron Archer- 4 Games 2 Goals
David Beckham- 5 Games 2 Goals
Danny Welbeck- 8 Games 2 Goals
Callum Robinson- 25 games 4 Goals
Lukas Nmecha- 41 Games 3 Goals
Andy Carrol- 11 Games 1 Goal    
Josh King- 8 Games 0 Goals
Stephy Mavididi- 10 Games 0 Goals

Got 37 games to try and beat Lukas Nmecha's goal record.  

Edited by messi11
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Great signing for PNE. Fits our side really well. Be keen to see him stay another season after this one, if he doesn't I'd imagine one or two of the Villa academy group will end up there, Lowe and Gerrard are close friends.

KHH would fit the team really well too. Him and Archer getting a full season of championship football under their belts would be fantastic. 

As much as I'd like them to, PNE will struggle to make the playoffs let alone get promoted. The "4 points off" playoffs is technically true but there are some very good sides above them in the table with several games in hand now and the Preston squad simply isn't good enough. 

Â