Cameron Archer

Zatman

Archer has been great for Preston no doubt but he didn’t do so well for Solihull Moors scoring 4 goals in 26 National League matches. That’s the only reason I have a slight reservation about him but the club obviously don’t or he wouldn’t have gotten a new 4 year contract recently. He’s a very natural finisher and is so at home in front of goal. He has been fantastic this season for us and on loan at Preston, let’s see if he can continue on this trajectory 

I think Archer has a bright future and next season will be a massive one for him. I think we will see one of the other two strikers leaving, probably Ings. Having said that, if we do go in for Suarez then Archer might be third choice again. I think it all depends on his loan spell and so far he's proving that the sky is the limit for him. 

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

What a stupid idea to send him on loan. Loans are such a bad idea for younger players, as archers showing!

Well done Cameron  keep it up. You will be starting games for us soon if you carry on like this

They are good to give young players game time at a slighly lower level but talk of loaning out next seaosn is nonsense.  20/21 you are old enough!

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

They are good to give young players game time at a slighly lower level but talk of loaning out next seaosn is nonsense.  20/21 you are old enough!

Possibly, but Chelsea are comfortable loaning out their youngsters til they’re 21/22+ and it seems to work for them (even if they do get sold for a profit).

I really hope Archer makes it at Villa and he seems like he has a lot of potential, but I wouldn’t rule out another loan next season being beneficial for him. 

Im happy for these kids to be out on loan until they’re 21/22 to get some real solid experience before bringing them back to compete. 

Yes, Ramsey is doing well, but I’d argue he is more of an exception to the rule. We don’t need to rush these youngsters through, especially if we’re planning on spending big again. I just don’t think it benefits them sitting on the bench and getting 5/6 games worth of minutes in the Prem as oppose to 40+ games in the Championship. 

Of course, I could just be talking b****cks.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Possibly, but Chelsea are comfortable loaning out their youngsters til they’re 21/22+ and it seems to work for them (even if they do get sold for a profit).

I really hope Archer makes it at Villa and he seems like he has a lot of potential, but I wouldn’t rule out another loan next season being beneficial for him. 

Im happy for these kids to be out on loan until they’re 21/22 to get some real solid experience before bringing them back to compete. 

Yes, Ramsey is doing well, but I’d argue he is more of an exception to the rule. We don’t need to rush these youngsters through, especially if we’re planning on spending big again. I just don’t think it benefits them sitting on the bench and getting 5/6 games worth of minutes in the Prem as oppose to 40+ games in the Championship. 

I know we're not where Chelsea are though and  I think he could be more than useful to us 

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

Let's not use Archer to denigrate Watkins. They are both bloody good strikers and they are both ours. One is out of form temporarily; one is bang on form. That's the difference at the moment.

These two next season please. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, useless said:

Watkins scored 26 goals in the championship and was named as the championship player of the season, the reason Brentford looked so good was in a large part due to him.

Archer is doing well, but it's pointless using his 13 goals this season to suggest that he's been doing better than Watkins was 

Stop being so reasonable. The usual Villa accounts on Twitter declared Archer ready for Champions League and world domination a long time ago.

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

If they are still 2nd choice back-ups when they return, ideally the likes of Archer, JPB and Davis would go on loan to another Premier League side for a year.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bobzy said:

From the PNE forum:

"Going right to the very top this lad. First season in senior league football and pissing it in a notoriously physical and difficult league.

Can finish, strong as ****, movement is unreal, can hold the ball, can run in behind. Dunno what he can’t do.

Enjoy him while he’s here and pray that it leads to something special."

"GIVE ME MORE PNE FORUM QUOTES" you say?  OK, sure thing....

"Archer is a player in a few years time we will be saying to anyone that will listen "he used to play for Preston you know"."

"He's absolutely brilliant isn't he. A proper footballer.
The one thing I absolutely love about him, despite his immense talent he's come here with a proper attitude. No big time Charlie nonsense like we've seen with previous loan players like Danny Welbeck. He's loving it and producing the goods with a smile on his face.
Lets enjoy him while he's here. I went today and we were pretty shit but you always felt like we had a chance of a little bit of magic from Archer, DJ or Ched towards the end and he delivered."

In fact, their thread about him is just worth a read.  They're absolutely loving Archer after just 5 games which is brilliant to see/hear/read about:

https://www.pne-online.net/forum/index.php?threads/cameron-archer-signs-on-loan-confirmed.3435319/page-16

Colin Murray and the crew have picked up on him too:

I hope he stays injury free and keeps playing like this. He's certain to be in our first team squad next season and be given minutes on the pitch. 

I'd like a Suarez, Ings, Archer trio tbh if we can get good money for Watkins. That allows us time to plan for another CF signing in summer 2023

Â