Cameron Archer

Zatman

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Can't link the tweet but saw on their forum the manager saying he's been monitoring for a while and when Gerrard got the job he bombarded him with phone calls to get him

Very positive stuff

Apparently he is really good friends with Gerrard which also could be a bonus for our younger players if Archer does well as Preston be happy to take some players

• Like 2

This seems a strange one unless we're bringing in another striker. Watkins & Ings both misfiring and Davis already off on loan; Archer presented a viable option off the bench and gives something different to Ollie & Ings.

If either of those gets injured we're now back to 1 striker again, a position we've been fighting for 3 seasons to climb out of.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, est1874 said:

This seems a strange one unless we're bringing in another striker. Watkins & Ings both misfiring and Davis already off on loan; Archer presented a viable option off the bench and gives something different to Ollie & Ings.

If either of those gets injured we're now back to 1 striker again, a position we've been fighting for 3 seasons to climb out of.

Sure we've put a recall in his loan to Preston if Both of our strikers are unavailable  he comes back 

48 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Traore is playing striker in the African Nations maybe they think he can be 3rd choice and we have Barry back 

Embarrassing Comments like this need to stop 😂
image.thumb.png.9b46b55bf19b09413c02150e99a6286e.png

We need to stop putting pressure on our young players like this. This cracked me up tho 🤣

image.thumb.png.f63ef21c316bee5757e3dceb85ff985b.png

Edited by messi11

3 hours ago, est1874 said:

You need a level of aggression to make it as a top class striker( I mean an aggression within yourself to make it happen)....thats on top of all the talent, pace and positional senses.

He will (hopefully)learn that at PNE.

The academy, in the main, nurtures the talent.....but then you have to learn the big boys game, to succeed.

I like the kid, and this will make him or break him....all things going well, he could be a new Jermaine Defoe.

Its one thing being talented in the Premier league, but there is an army of defenders waiting to negate that talent.....Its arduous, and you have to be canny, like Vardy to survive, without stature.

I wish him well, in his learning process.

Edited by TRO

3 hours ago, messi11 said:

Sure we've put a recall in his loan to Preston if Both of our strikers are unavailable  he comes back 

Outside of a transfer window it would have to be mutually agreed and I'm struggling to see what Preston would get out of agreeing that.

Edited by Sam-AVFC

Â