Cameron Archer

Zatman

This is a good move for him, up until the start of this season he's shown no signs of being a player who would thrive at a decent level, then this season he's suddenly leapt on and looked like a player who might have a chance - a Championship loan gives him a chance to show us which of the two he is and help him define his career.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

This is a good move for him, up until the start of this season he's shown no signs of being a player who would thrive at a decent level, then this season he's suddenly leapt on and looked like a player who might have a chance - a Championship loan gives him a chance to show us which of the two he is and help him define his career.

100% 

Ive felt for quite a while now that historically we’ve been pretty rubbish with regard to sending our youngsters out on loan.

The last couple of years though the focus on youth has improved massively. 

I hope this is still on topic by digressing towards Preston, but any idea if he will play much? The league table suggests they are a lower mid table club, they have a goal difference of minus 3 which seems respectable for their league position. 

Now we’re starting to loan players to Championship which is a good sign. Slowly getting to a point to promote our academy and make our youngsters wanted by other clubs. Building that relationship as well would help our plans. 
Archer, A.Ramsey, JPB, Caleb, Carney and Kesler all seem that they can prove themselves at higher level. Jacob already done it. I think we’re going into the right direction. When you look at Kerr Smith for example and those youngsters we’re getting. It seems we’re finally having some exciting ones. We just now need to get it right where to loan them, how to develop them. Then most importantly how to use them and trust them. Some we’ll sell with good money. Some we’ll hopefully have them as star players. We just need to get it right continuely. 

One of the most deadliest strikers in Premierleague 2 history went on loan to Preston and kinda flopped. Lukas Nmecha from Man City to Preston, only managed 4 goals in 41 games. Archer will surely do better than that.

image.png.65fb0ee11e1ffe4284acf029e353ede6.png

Edited by messi11

8 hours ago, messi11 said:

One of the most deadliest strikers in Premierleague 2 history went on loan to Preston and kinda flopped. Lukas Nmecha from Man City to Preston, only managed 4 goals in 41 games. Archer will surely do better than that.

This is the reality of moving from boys to mens football. So many do not make the step up and stagnate.  I am so excited about a lot of our youth but it has to be tempered with the simple facts that most will normally fall by the wayside. That said Cam can finish for sure and he has shown he can finish against Chelsea . It all depends on how Preston play. If they are direct and play balls over the top and play on the counter then he has a good chance. If its possession football then not so much as overall that isnt Cams strength.   

Still plenty of time for him to shine though. 

Edited by MWARLEY2

Barry, Brad Young, and Vassilev going out on loan at the start of the season offered him a route into the first team, now him seemingly set to go on loan to Preston, and also Davis, Wesley, and Caleb Chukwuemeka being loaned out, could offer the same chance back to one of Barry, Brad Young, or Vassilev to become third choice striker.

On 21/01/2022 at 00:00, messi11 said:

Nmecha position is a storm 😂

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, useless said:

Barry, Brad Young, and Vassilev going out on loan at the start of the season offered him a route into the first team, now him seemingly set to go on loan to Preston, and also Davis, Wesley, and Caleb Chukwuemeka being loaned out, could offer the same chance back to one of Barry, Brad Young, or Vassilev to become third choice striker.

I think the ships sailed on Vassilev to be honest.

• Like 1

Davis, Philogene-Bidace, El Ghazi, Tuanzebe, and seemingly Archer, and possibly Trezeguet all gone for the second half of the season. We've brought in a few and might bring in a few more, but the amount that we've let go might present a chance for some players that were seemingly nowhere near the first team squad until recently with a chance of making the bench.

Probably too late for Vassilev, but someone like Barry could find himself going from not being able to get into the Ipswich squad, to being just an injury or two away from making the bench for us, or if he goes back on loan then, whoever it is we have playing for the U23s.

Just dawned on me that Vassilev could potentially be a good player Las Vegas Villains.

Most my family are life-long Preston fans so I keep up with how they're doing, just been to see them against Birmingham most recently.

First thing I thought when I saw the link was that he'd fit in really well with Daniel Johnson, formerly of the Villa academy too but about 12 years before Archer! 

The formation and style of play that Lowe is trying to bring in at the club is much nicer to watch than some of the dross I've had to sit through in recent years. But he's really struggling to instill that style of play into a team of players that aren't suited to it. I think Archer suits it much more than a Maguire / Evans / Sinclair etc.

I wouldn't expect him to be banging them in though when he first arrives. He will be feeding off scraps and they'll just need him to defy xG stats massively for him to get 10 goals or more. 

I'll be at another game soon so I'll report back how I think he's done next time I'm there. 

• Thanks 1

Â