Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

3 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

What the **** has the world come to?? So now only black men have huge members then? Jesus Christ!!

The world changed and we decided to treat each other better.  If I inadvertently said something which is hostile to a large portion of our support I would like a friendly fan to politely let me know.

Again, I am not a mod to feel free to ignore me if you think I am talking nonsense.  I am just asking you to reconsider.

Just now, ciggiesnbeer said:

The world changed and we decided to treat each other better.  If I inadvertently said something which is hostile to a large portion of our support I would like a friendly fan to politely let me know.

Again, I am not a mod to feel free to ignore me if you think I am talking nonsense.  I am just asking you to reconsider.

Just think you're being over sensitive now almost for the sake of it.

Having a joke about the size of a willy has nothing to do with stereotyping or anything else.

I suggest you search Peter North or Danny D if you think it is!

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

Just think you're being over sensitive now almost for the sake of it.

Having a joke about the size of a willy has nothing to do with stereotyping or anything else.

I suggest you search Peter North or Danny D if you think it is!

Ok. I will note black players disagree (see Lukaku). But anyway thanks for reading and considering my request.

Cheers!

• Like 2

On 09/10/2019 at 01:35, skarroki said:

I've come in and out of this thread 3 times now wondering why it keeps changing to the Luiz thread after I've clicked it 

https://statsbomb.com/2019/10/aston-villa-have-given-midfielder-marvelous-nakamba-a-thankless-job-and-hes-doing-it-admirably/

Possibly the worst and most misguided article I've read. It's like a click bait article, be dramatic, disregard facts and reality. (stats they've pulled up are nice though) 

Edited by Skruff
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Did you know that Aston Villa once fielded the most black players in one game. It was against Everton when big Ron was in charge, which is quite ironic.

Going off topic and I’ll probably get pelters for this but I still don’t think big Ron was a racist. He just messed up using racist terms.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Has been receiving a good bit of praise from the media in the last couple of days. Usually a DM is the role which gets least praise especially if not at a media friendly club

Going off topic, but I think we’ve actually been missed from the premier league and because of that the media is far more friendly towards us atm. Ever since the Grealish punch incident and then aided by the Bielsa incident the media seem to praise us. Bbc who have notoriously never have a good word to say about us have been very favourable this year. Then you have sky praising our fan base and the presenters saying they love villa park 

Going back on topic, Marvellous has a very hard role with us being so open. However he seems to keep on improving which is only a good sign 

• Like 1

On 09/10/2019 at 18:01, New_Hope said:

What the **** has the world come to?? So now only black men have huge members then? Jesus Christ!!

It comes from white men calling black men animalistic and using that as a reason to lock them up. It's a racist trope by white men.

It's wrong, and it needs to stop. I hope you understand why this is wrong.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

He'll be being talked about in the same bracket as kante and gana by the end of the season. Of all our players people will be looking to poach marvelous might be near the top of the list

You can build a nice midfield with him as a DM.  If you have total confidence in that player makes everything work.  Worth loads of money in the future and you could see him playing for anyone i suppose if he keeps it up. 

He will be top of a lot of lists in the future.  Our owners have a point to prove in the Prem though and didn't get there to be pushed around by  eg.  The snake Levy,  I doubt they care for such little grubs as him and his 5 Million for Jack and the like.  They might laugh at him.  He will be there in January but a bit desperate,  6.5 M for Jack + Danny Rose and 1M over 12 months is my prediction.

On 22/10/2019 at 01:10, mikeyp102 said:

Going off topic, but I think we’ve actually been missed from the premier league and because of that the media is far more friendly towards us atm. Ever since the Grealish punch incident and then aided by the Bielsa incident the media seem to praise us. Bbc who have notoriously never have a good word to say about us have been very favourable this year. Then you have sky praising our fan base and the presenters saying they love villa park 

Going back on topic, Marvellous has a very hard role with us being so open. However he seems to keep on improving which is only a good sign 

Look the BBC had nothing good to say about us because we were poorly ran, played poorly and contributed next to nothing to the league for the last 2 or 3 seasons before we went down - I can't blame them for that. Now we're a completely different proposition and there are things that people can objectively see and like about us. 

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

Look the BBC had nothing good to say about us because we were poorly ran, played poorly and contributed next to nothing to the league for the last 2 or 3 seasons before we went down - I can't blame them for that. Now we're a completely different proposition and there are things that people can objectively see and like about us. 

Spot on. Us fans are backing the team in numbers, and positivity not seen since the height of the MON years, and in I think it's even better than that. Having a proper Villa fan as Captian and another as manager, and them both being class at their job and as people is the best thing to happen to the club since we won the European cup.

Marvellous is name and the player. Exactly what this team needed.  Love our midfield options. He reminds me of Makalele the way he just sits there and breaks everything up and looks for the quick ball forward to start the counter, but just as happy to play it safe and play the percentages. We will have a hard time keeping him if we don't show real ambition and results to match.

Edited by Philosopher
Had to say something on topic!

I was one of those calling for Phillips at DM during the transfer window, but I have to say that we’ve done some great business with Marv. Cheaper and is not at all out of his depth in the Prem. Expecting him to be one of, if not the most important player in our team by the end of the season, especially given the system we play. Shame we had to play Luiz there exclusively at the start of the season as I still don’t think DM is his game, but I recognise that Marv had to get up to speed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I was one of those calling for Phillips at DM during the transfer window, but I have to say that we’ve done some great business with Marv. Cheaper and is not at all out of his depth in the Prem. Expecting him to be one of, if not the most important player in our team by the end of the season, especially given the system we play. Shame we had to play Luiz there exclusively at the start of the season as I still don’t think DM is his game, but I recognise that Marv had to get up to speed.

Didn't Luiz start just one game in that position?!

6 hours ago, lexicon said:

Us and Sunderland stunk the place up for years. Always last teams on MOTD and last get spoken about unless got hammered

We have both been replaced by Southampton and potentially Everton if not careful

On 10/10/2019 at 08:39, Skruff said:

Possibly the worst and most misguided article I've read. It's like a click bait article, be dramatic, disregard facts and reality. (stats they've pulled up are nice though) 

This is the danger with a purely analytical view of football matches. xG is an interesting statistic but it feels incomplete in many ways. Manchester City regularly outperform their xG, because they're clinical and the kind of chances they create often can't be captured merely by on pitch position alone. It's a fun snapshot and something that should peak interest but you have to actually watch the games as well, which these lot clearly haven't been. 

As for Nakamba being 'awful' on the ball, maybe we're not asking him to be anything other than a basic bish? Again, eye test needed. He looks fine to me. When he is adventurous he is super adventurous, hence the 84% success rate. Which is fine for a player who we're not asking to be Xavi. 

Â