Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I just can't see it in his game.

When i see Nakamba play it all makes sense to me, the role looks so natural to him.

That role is natural to him, the Pirlo role wouldn't be. Both are the same position.

• Like 1

I see Nakamba similar to a young Claude Makalele. Not anywhere near that level yet, but that type of player.

As for Luiz he the Alonso / Pirlo type. Will look to hold position in front of the back four, not close down much, preferring to keep a good position and maintain shape when out of possession. In possession will look to spray passes, and shoot from distance. The beauty of this is you can play either one or both together. On their own with 2 central midfielders (McGinn and Hourihane), or together with an advance playmaker (Grealish), basically most combinations of 3 of the 5 midfielders will be strong and competitive. 

Along with Leicester city I see us having the best central midfield outside the top 6 (once we a fully acclimatised).

I don't really care what specific role people want to attribute Nakamba or Luiz with, I'm just delighted that we now have central midfielders with mobility rather than the Jedinak or Whelan types we had before them.

Makes such a huge difference.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, useless said:

were developing him as a long term replacement for Fernandinho, 

That’s just not true. We own him. He has to really impress to warrant a move back to city, and even then it’s at a high price. 

Virtually every transfer involving a big club has a buy back clause, it doesn’t mean they are activated 

6 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

I remember seedorf playing DCM for AC at the end of his career when kaka first broke onto the scene. Probably why I thought he played as a CDM. 

This is my memory of Seedorf and what a player he was even at the end of his career. If any of our midfield youngsters come close to emulating any part of his career I'll be very happy. The guy was a model pro. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, skarroki said:

This is my memory of Seedorf and what a player he was even at the end of his career. If any of our midfield youngsters come close to emulating any part of his career I'll be very happy. The guy was a model pro. 

Had a half decent shot as well

50 minutes ago, useless said:

I said 'were' developing him as a long term replacement for Fernandinho.

I don't think "We're developing him" to replace anybody at Man City.

We're developing him for whatever purpose we want/need him for.

We all get the point but I hate how people pretend like it's nailed on that we are basically loaning him ffs.

By that time Man City might already have identified the "next Fernandinho", better or whatever.

They've got LOTS of players and are constantly shopping in the top shelf for youth and talent.

• Like 1

I said Man City were developing him, as in before they sold him to us, but now he's our player. 'Were', and "we're" are two different words with different meanings.

Edited by useless
😃
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, carewjust4u said:

What is likely is that City will buy him back to then sell to us at a higher price...Players of this ability always have a catch when you sign them, his ability is there for all to see.

That will only happens if he becomes a world beater and the buy back clause is not much more than what we paid for him. 

The buyback clause is £25m if they want him back next summer, if they buy him back to then sell on for a profit he's going to have to be pretty outstanding for us between now and the end of the season, as it stands he's not even guaranteed a place in our first eleven. Editor's note: It's also worth bearing in mind that City already spent £10m buying him from Vasco De Gama on top of the money it would take to buy him from us.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, carewjust4u said:

What is likely is that City will buy him back to then sell to us at a higher price...Players of this ability always have a catch when you sign them, his ability is there for all to see.

And why would he agree to be their pawn to make them an extra few million quid if he was going to be here afterwards anyway?

The only way that happens is if City convince him he's going to play there then do a u-turn when they resign him. If they'd given him a hefty pay rise when signing it's a risk as he could feel slighted so refuse to move on.

Edit - a very similar scenario you could see happening that is effectively the same is if we agreed to pay City an amount to buy out the buyback clause.

Edited by Sam-AVFC

5 hours ago, sne said:

I don't really care what specific role people want to attribute Nakamba or Luiz with, I'm just delighted that we now have central midfielders with mobility rather than the Jedinak or Whelan types we had before them.

Makes such a huge difference.

Exactly, my friend. 

47 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

And why would he agree to be their pawn to make them an extra few million quid if he was going to be here afterwards anyway?

The only way that happens is if City convince him he's going to play there then do a u-turn when they resign him. If they'd given him a hefty pay rise when signing it's a risk as he could feel slighted so refuse to move on.

Edit - a very similar scenario you could see happening that is effectively the same is if we agreed to pay City an amount to buy out the buyback clause.

There's also a chance that it would put off any clubs looking to do a similar deal with City in the future, not to mention the difficulties of getting a work permit for another team in England as a lot of them have higher record transfer fees than we do, which is pretty much how we got the WP done.  I also don't think Pep is really the kind of person to do it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, useless said:

The buyback clause is £25m if they want him back next summer, if they buy him back to then sell on for a profit he's going to have to be pretty outstanding for us between now and the end of the season, as it stands he's not even guaranteed a place in our first eleven. Editor's note: It's also worth bearing in mind that City already spent £10m buying him from Vasco De Gama on top of the money it would take to buy him from us.

Does the buy back clause expire after next summer?

Â