Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

This is the danger with a purely analytical view of football matches. xG is an interesting statistic but it feels incomplete in many ways. Manchester City regularly outperform their xG, because they're clinical and the kind of chances they create often can't be captured merely by on pitch position alone. It's a fun snapshot and something that should peak interest but you have to actually watch the games as well, which these lot clearly haven't been. 

As for Nakamba being 'awful' on the ball, maybe we're not asking him to be anything other than a basic bish? Again, eye test needed. He looks fine to me. When he is adventurous he is super adventurous, hence the 84% success rate. Which is fine for a player who we're not asking to be Xavi. 

Man City and Liverpool will regularly outperform their XG because they have a very high quality keeper an excellent attacking players but it is based on the average player taking that shot and for most prem teams including us over the course of a season it will likely only be off by 1 or 2 goals. 

13 hours ago, HKP90 said:

I was one of those calling for Phillips at DM during the transfer window, but I have to say that we’ve done some great business with Marv. Cheaper and is not at all out of his depth in the Prem. Expecting him to be one of, if not the most important player in our team by the end of the season, especially given the system we play. Shame we had to play Luiz there exclusively at the start of the season as I still don’t think DM is his game, but I recognise that Marv had to get up to speed.

Personally I think nakamba, Luiz and Mcginn are or will be our strongest central 3.

Nakamba is class though, great little player, kind of think nakamba as our main DM, Luiz as kind of an all rounder and Mcginn as the box to box AM who also tracks back, think the balance would be good with those 3.

• Like 2

He is probably best player in that position for us since Boateng. Have other players since who didn't live up to billing or did better elsewhere 

Have seen him 3 or 4 times and is what we desperately needed for so long 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

So it is, had Jan in my head for some reason.

They did used to play it in Jan, but the next one (and last one I believe) is a summer competition. I’m not sure if it depends on which country it’s in as June in some African countries is presumably unbelievably hot? 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

They did used to play it in Jan, but the next one (and last one I believe) is a summer competition. I’m not sure if it depends on which country it’s in as June in some African countries is presumably unbelievably hot? 

Yeah should have clicked he was there last summer, June is a much better option. Guess it might be based on Northern/Southern hemisphere countries and summers/winters at a guess.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villan-scott said:

Even FIFA aren’t daft enough to have an AFCON in the summer and then the following winter... are they?!

Why? It's about as corrupt as it gets so why not foolish too........plus it every 2 years so wouldn't really matter 😎

Edited by zab6359

55 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

So it is, had Jan in my head for some reason.

If I have understood it correctly I think there is a smaller verision of AFCON in January 2020 which Marv won't be playing in, but the 2021 he will be eligible. See the following Birmingham Mail article:-

Marvelous Nakamba in Birmingham Mail

Zimbabwe have already qualified for the 2020 African Nations Championship and will compete alongside 15 other countries between January and February in Cameroon.

However, nations in this lesser competition can only select players from their respective countries - meaning the likes of Nakamba will not take part, allowing the midfielder to stay with Villa throughout January.

The bigger, 24-team African Cup of Nations gets underway in the summer of 2021 and, next month, Nakamba and Zimbabwe kick-off their qualifying campaign for that tournament against Botswana on November 15 and Zambia four days later.

Algeria, this summers AFCON winners remember, are the other side in Group H with a fixture between Zimbabwe and The Desert Foxes scheduled for August 30, 2020.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, NeilS said:

If I have understood it correctly I think there is a smaller verision of AFCON in January 2020 which Marv won't be playing in, but the 2021 he will be eligible. See the following Birmingham Mail article:-

Marvelous Nakamba in Birmingham Mail

Zimbabwe have already qualified for the 2020 African Nations Championship and will compete alongside 15 other countries between January and February in Cameroon.

However, nations in this lesser competition can only select players from their respective countries - meaning the likes of Nakamba will not take part, allowing the midfielder to stay with Villa throughout January.

The bigger, 24-team African Cup of Nations gets underway in the summer of 2021 and, next month, Nakamba and Zimbabwe kick-off their qualifying campaign for that tournament against Botswana on November 15 and Zambia four days later.

Algeria, this summers AFCON winners remember, are the other side in Group H with a fixture between Zimbabwe and The Desert Foxes scheduled for August 30, 2020.

No it was my mistake was thinking of the AFCON just getting mixed up with dates.

When a large number of voices come to you and say there is something wrong with your behaviour then you should probably take a step back and assess why that might be the case. There is value in being sensitive at times, particularly when it surrounds issues like race, gender, sexuality etc as these are issues that can have a profound and damaging effect on people. This applies specifically to the issue surrounding the Nakamba chant but also exists as a wider point. Removing this post again won't make me stop talking about it, you'll likely have to ban me for good if you want that.

• Like 3

Â