Jump to content

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

My only concern with Marvelous is that other teams will come sniffing around him if he keeps putting in performances and improving. Signing of the summer for me.

Absolutely. He's at another level. Our second best player, imho.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, zab6359 said:

My only concern with Marvelous is that other teams will come sniffing around him if he keeps putting in performances and improving. Signing of the summer for me.

Why is that a concern? We'll only sell for something stupid these days and our scouting team seems to be pretty decent. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Can't see us selling him after 1 good season.

Nakamba needs time to build up his reputation in the league.

Ask most clubs fans and they probably doesn't even know who the guy is.

Kanté only spent 1 season at Leicester after signing from Caen before going to Chelsea.

Granted he helped them win the title and is a far superior player to Marvelous, but he was pretty much an unknown while playing for Caen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, tomav84 said:

i might live to regret this, but i dont see us being relegated with him in the team

Our place in the Premier League shouldn’t be taken for granted. It was back in 15/16 when we were relegated. In my opinion, any of the bottom 14 teams in the Premier League can be relegated 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Our place in the Premier League shouldn’t be taken for granted. It was back in 15/16 when we were relegated. In my opinion, any of the bottom 14 teams in the Premier League can be relegated 

The league is very open but no chance any of the bottom 14 will go down, some decent teams just having slow starts in my opinion of course 😎

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 04/11/2019 at 08:39, villalad21 said:

Can't see us selling him after 1 good season.

Nakamba needs time to build up his reputation in the league.

Ask most clubs fans and they probably doesn't even know who the guy is.

These type of players rarely catch the eye of the average fan....they are too busy looking at the candy.

It took me some time to appreciate this type of player....

I loved the quote from De Basque about Busquets....He said " you don't notice Busquets during a game.....but when you watch him carefully, you see the whole game"

such a quality quote IMO for a DM

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/11/2019 at 08:49, sne said:

Kanté only spent 1 season at Leicester after signing from Caen before going to Chelsea.

Granted he helped them win the title and is a far superior player to Marvelous, but he was pretty much an unknown while playing for Caen.

Exactly what I was going to say, you might need to visit a shrink

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

He did a very good job of winning the ball and breaking up some of their attacks but it was his worst display on the ball for us so far.

He really does remind be of Gueye. Gueye looked so similar and was similarly not great on the ball for us, like Gueye I think Marvelous is struggling with the lack of quality around him. Marvelous isn't bad on the ball, just limited but he doesn't have enough movement in front of him, players like McGinn are not bothering to show for the ball often and in good space. It makes life difficult.

Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â