Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

With him out for another couple of months and Sanson looking bright, I'd have to say that unless we have injuries or suspensions, it's going to be very difficult to see him getting back into the side. He had two or three excellent games before his injury, but I don't think he's better than any of the four we have competing for places at the moment. If we bring in a defensive midfielder of quality in the summer, I think there's a chance he might not play much more football for us, there's a chance he may already have played his last game for the club.

He'd start ahead of Luiz in the '6' role. Gerrard has alluded to the fact that Luiz is "filling in" in Nakamba's absence and doing "okay".

Whether Luiz would then push Ramsey out of the first XI remains to be seen.

Gerrard said he wants two players for each position. McGinn, Ramsey, Luiz and Sanson would compete for the two '8' roles. Nakamba would then hopefully become depth to a new DM signing.

Chukwuemeka is a notable omission - whether Gerrard sees him as a '10' or whether he'll be frozen out due to his contract remains to be seen.  

Edited by Cizzler
  • Like 1

If Luiz signs a new contract. We sign a new CDM in summer and we've got Chambers who can play CDM too (even did so in the behind closed doors game). 

I think we need to move a midfielder on.

Ramsey, Chukwuemeka, Luiz, Nakamba, McGinn, Sanson, Chambers, new DM.

One of Luiz, Sanson, Nakamba will need to move on. It probably won't be Sanson as we would be selling a player people will want a big discount on because he's not been playing. Nakamba will clearly get games at the end of the season to impress. Luiz has played lots of games. 

So Nakamba might be the one we entertain offers for, or Luiz.

Ramsey and Chuk need to be flexible in playing the 10 or 8 roles.

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/01/2022 at 14:56, OutByEaster? said:

With him out for another couple of months and Sanson looking bright, I'd have to say that unless we have injuries or suspensions, it's going to be very difficult to see him getting back into the side. He had two or three excellent games before his injury, but I don't think he's better than any of the four we have competing for places at the moment. If we bring in a defensive midfielder of quality in the summer, I think there's a chance he might not play much more football for us, there's a chance he may already have played his last game for the club.

How times change! 20 days after this post, and I think he'll pretty much be the 2nd or 3rd name on the teamsheet when he's fit.

Nakamba gone from not being good enough during the whole of his first 2 and half season, too being our star player aka losing games because he's injured. Football a strange game. You're only as good as your last game I guess 

Edited by messi11

23 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Nakamba gone from not being good enough during the whole of his first 2 and half season, too being our star player aka losing games because he's injured. Football a strange game. You're only as good as your last game I guess 

Just wait untill his first misplaced pass after coming back in. The screams to waste £50m on another hyped up donkey will be deafening.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

He will come back. And when he does I’m sure he will be able to break down teams who park the bus like Watford and Newcastle.

We won't lose them with goals conceded in transition as he'll cut them out. 

He'd been as isolated as Luiz is if he was playing. He looked good because we played narrow and he got a lot of help in the central areas. Currently we are pushing two of the three CM's wide to cover the channels and lare leaving one player alone in the middle.

Not even prime Kanté would be able to cover all that ground by himself. Nakamba would be more suited to that task than Luiz is thou.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, messi11 said:

Before he got injured he was one of our best in form players. Granted seasons before he wasn’t great but certainly one of our best for November and December fixtures 

Â