Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

A player on crutches obviously never looks good and I wouldn’t expect him to look over joyed either. However he could be on crutches for a few days or months, we just don’t know. We may get an SG update in his next presser. 

3 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

A player on crutches obviously never looks good and I wouldn’t expect him to look over joyed either. However he could be on crutches for a few days or months, we just don’t know. We may get an SG update in his next presser. 

He's on crutches wearing a massive knee brace.

What update are you expecting? "Oh it's just a very minor niggle, he'll be ready for Christmas"?

We'll be lucky to get him back by March, depends if he needs surgery or not but I'd say his season is probably done.

1 hour ago, est1874 said:

What update are you expecting? "Oh it's just a very minor niggle, he'll be ready for Christmas"?

We'll be lucky to get him back by March, depends if he needs surgery or not but I'd say his season is probably done.

Oh yes of course because they'd totally not give any support to a player who sprained their knee. We can determine anything from this picture. We know he will be out for a while but we don't know exactly how long. It could be anywhere from 6 weeks to 6 months at the minute and jumping to conclusions doesn't help. 

10 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Oh yes of course because they'd totally not give any support to a player who sprained their knee. We can determine anything from this picture. We know he will be out for a while but we don't know exactly how long. It could be anywhere from 6 weeks to 6 months at the minute and jumping to conclusions doesn't help. 

Then you know nothing about the grading of knee injuries.

If it's anything over a Grade 1, it's going to take at least 4 months to heal.

If it's just a Grade 1, he gets an ice pack, physiotherapy, and 2-3 weeks off training - not a pair of crutches and a hinged knee brace like the one he's wearing in the picture.

Believe what you want, I get the impression you will, but he's out for months.

Edited by est1874

7 minutes ago, ejs1111 said:

I'm just wondering if anyone has found out if surgery was needed or not.  That alone would help determine if it was 'season ending' or if he has a chance of returning in the spring.

I think we can safely assume it will be long term based on the photo alone. The man literally never stops smiling. The fact he couldn't muster one for a staged photo means it's bound to be bad news.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, MrBlack said:

I think we can safely assume it will be long term based on the photo alone. The man literally never stops smiling. The fact he couldn't muster one for a staged photo means it's bound to be bad news.

oh i'm under no illusions its long term.  But no surgery and a 3+ month return at the end of the season is much better than ACL surgery and missing all of this season and the start of next season.

4 hours ago, est1874 said:

I’m not expecting anything as I said we just don’t know anything for sure. We may get some indication as to the seriousness of the injury from those that do know in the near future. 

2 hours ago, est1874 said:

Then you know nothing about the grading of knee injuries.

If it's anything over a Grade 1, it's going to take at least 4 months to heal.

If it's just a Grade 1, he gets an ice pack, physiotherapy, and 2-3 weeks off training - not a pair of crutches and a hinged knee brace like the one he's wearing in the picture.

Believe what you want, I get the impression you will, but he's out for months.

Yes because football clubs are known for taking chances with their players health almost like we've had multiple youngsters the past 2 season been wearing the full boots with only grade 1 ankle sprains. We know he's out until at least mid January otherwise he'd still be going to afcon. It's likely worse yes. But just because he's wearing a knee brace doesn't mean it's that bad. 

• Like 1

Â