Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Honestly don’t see how we can turn down £35-£40m if he’s flatly refusing to even discuss a new contract? We’re a business and we’d be making a decent profit on someone that hardly sets the Premier League alight with his displays.

I don’t dislike Dougie at all and a good player but it’s good money and he is replaceable.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

As each day goes by the more I think he doesn't want to sign that new deal. And I'd rather he decides his future right now so we can cash in before the end of this window if that is the case.

Relax. It's January.

14 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

This is wild. He comes across as a sound fella in some of the podcasts but I really don’t think he has a clue about what’s going on transfer wise with the club. Risking burning any bridges he might have coming out with comments like that too

I just watched back the United highlights and whilst errors were elsewhere for both their goals I agree with some that a more defensive minded player may have prevented those goals.  First one he begins to come across but then stops although to be fair Bruno was going nowhere and it was a silly challenge from Sanson. 

Second one he is following Bruno and then just stops. 

I’m not making any points about Dougie and I like him as a player. I’d just thought I’d share what I noticed. Fine margins.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

I wouldn't sell him in this window even if he doesn't want to sign a new contract. Any new midfielder signing for us will need time to settle, and Nakamba is still injured, therefore Luiz is needed until the end of the season. 

As others have said, if we can get Bentancur and A N Other, then Luiz can go in the summer. I like him, he's a good player, but he's not irreplaceable. 

10 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Honestly don’t see how we can turn down £35-£40m if he’s flatly refusing to even discuss a new contract? We’re a business and we’d be making a decent profit on someone that hardly sets the Premier League alight with his displays.

I don’t dislike Dougie at all and a good player but it’s good money and he is replaceable.

Exactly. If we got bentancur in then DL wouldn’t even be in the team 

Strange really, I would have thought Luiz would be happier now than before - new property in the area, new missus plays for us, a new Brazilian team-mate in Coutinho. Everything seems to be snapping into place for him. 

Maybe its a bit of gamesmanship for a better contract offer. 

12 minutes ago, Xela said:

Strange really, I would have thought Luiz would be happier now than before - new property in the area, new missus plays for us, a new Brazilian team-mate in Coutinho. Everything seems to be snapping into place for him. 

Maybe its a bit of gamesmanship for a better contract offer. 

He changed agents to hire Kia Joorabchian earlier in the month so something is definitely up with him. Sounds like Kia has started making some waves for his new client. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

He changed agents to hire Kia Joorabchian earlier in the month so something is definitely up with him. Sounds like Kia has started making some waves for his new client. 

Really? I know of Joorabchian and I can't remember why but I'm sure it's not for a good reason. If he's angling for a move with his agent, get rid ASAP.

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

Really? I know of Joorabchian and I can't remember why but I'm sure it's not for a good reason. If he's angling for a move with his agent, get rid ASAP.

He was behind Tevez and Mascherano dodgy deal to West Ham

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, IrishVilla10 said:

This is wild. He comes across as a sound fella in some of the podcasts but I really don’t think he has a clue about what’s going on transfer wise with the club. Risking burning any bridges he might have coming out with comments like that too

So you think he would be thick enough to lie about SG telling him that?

Come on now.

As always, the journos are full of shit scale usually swings on a pendulum of how much we like what they are saying.

Yes they do often talk shite, but sometimes it actually is what it is 

Go back through the Jack Grealish thread and look at how much " shite " the journos were speaking.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

5 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Same as Coutinho? Could definitely be a ploy for a bumper pay-rise

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

The WHU - Tevez/Mascherano situation.

• Thanks 1

Â