Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

That’s a strange claim for Preece to make publicly like that. He could have easily said he’s heard rumours that Luiz isn’t signing but to come out and claim it has come directly from Gerrard is another thing altogether. 

I suspect Luiz will be gone in summer but it could even be this window if we sign a viable replacement. 

£30-40m is too much money to watch walk out of the club for nothing. 

15 minutes ago, peterw said:

So Preece went from "reading between the lines", to "Gerrard told me..."

Preece has no idea what is going on and appears to never have had. Even right up to Grealish going he was telling all and sundry on the podcasts that he thought he wasn't. He's known nothing about any Villa news that any ITK journalist would have and Gerrard clearly hasn't told him anything. He's making it up. It may well turn out to be true (Luiz not wanting to stay) but you can't bet Preece has absolutely no idea or 'in' with Gerrard.

I had a listen too, and I agree, he seemed to be stumbling for words and contradicting himself and didn't seem too sure or in control of what he was saying.

I rate Luiz and honestly don't know if he will sign a new deal if offered, but if the club know he won't, he should be sold at the peak of his contract value which is right now.

Either way I'm more confident that preece knows less than I do!

Edited by VillaJay

27 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Yeah he's on thin ice here Ash. Got to be careful the lad.

Gerrard/the club will tell him as well. He could be in for a telling off shortly.

I think he ties himself up trying to not repeat himself to be honest. He says one sentence earlier he was coy, then suddenly he's been told he isn't signing? Pretty sure he means to say IF he isn't going to sign.

Hope SG cuts him off and he's out of whatever loop he's in at the moment.

**** toad.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

What an odd thing for Preece to say. Gerrard has categorically not told Ashley Preece that Luiz isn’t signing a new deal. Yes, he might get sold, but Preece is talking absolute nonsense (again).

Yes, I really don't see Gerrard saying that to a journalist. 

I expect if challenged it will be more like something he's interpreted. He probably asked Gerrard if Luiz was signing a new deal. Gerrard totally ignores him. Preece takes his silence to mean he's not signing 😂😂

Edited by sidcow

21 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You got me mate. No idea what that is! 

Kill/death ratio.

Edit: maybe you knew that and I've misread.

I've done my best here 😅

Edited by A'Villan
  • Like 1

If Gerrard did tell Preece that, then I presume it was in confidence and will be the last thing gets. 

Let’s face it, If Ashley Preece is a journalist then I know where there’s a **** forum full.

Just a Wetherspoons Gregg Evans, Pair of Sausages! 

Preece seems like a nice fella but really does tie himself in knots at times. Spent the summer saying Grealish was 100% staying, he was told as much etc, then City sign him and he's saying "oh well I thought he was" before writing scathing opinion pieces on the matter. Honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Dougie putting up a post slating him within the week.

With Calum Chambers in, with Bentancur likely to join in next few days. Nakamba will be fit in a couple of months. We should cash in on Luiz. He won't be playing games and can't see him signing a new deal after he's dropped. We also won't get near as much for him in Summer. 

Just now, CVByrne said:

With Calum Chambers in, with Bentancur likely to join in next few days. Nakamba will be fit in a couple of months. We should cash in on Luiz. He won't be playing games and can't see him signing a new deal after he's dropped. We also won't get near as much for him in Summer. 

Yeh, I'm coming round to that way of thinking. £35m for him now is good business I'm afraid. Hopefully we spend the money wisely!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yeh, I'm coming round to that way of thinking. £35m for him now is good business I'm afraid. Hopefully we spend the money wisely!

We need a CB who can really push Mings and Konsa

Â