Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

I'm still convinced that he is best as the holding DM in a midfield three, I think why he hasn't been as good this season is that he mostly has been playing in the mid two in a 4-2-3-1. It kind of brings the worst out of him. As the lone holding DM he is the one dictating play, the build up play goes through him, his exceptional technique, ability to keep the ball, solve tight situations, his passing and vision comes to it's best in that position. Defensively he is the anchor who reads and breaks up play terrificly. In a mid two in the 4-2-3-1 he gets restricted and becomes too static, the space to receive the ball gets too crowded. Defensively he needs to track back, follow his man and run towards our goal more compared to when he sits in front of the defence facing the opposition, those aren't his top qualities.

All his best attributes gains playing him DM in a 4-3-3, all his less good attributes gets exploited in the 4-2-3-1. The 4-3-3 is also more dynamic, as it is now our play is mor or less pass it aound at the back and then let Mings kick it long. Compare that to the end of last season and the build up play we had, with DS screaming "Dougie Dougie" every time we started an attack.    

• Like 4

8 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Nice interview. Easy to forget when the booboys are getting on his case that he’s only 22. Youngest member of the regular starting team in a critical position. He’s not been at his best lately and wouldn’t be in my starting lineup this weekend but he’s going to be some player in a few years. Nice to have kids like him and Ramsey in and around the team. 

• Like 1

On 04/04/2021 at 18:30, Keener window-cleaner said:

I'm still convinced that he is best as the holding DM in a midfield three, I think why he hasn't been as good this season is that he mostly has been playing in the mid two in a 4-2-3-1. It kind of brings the worst out of him. As the lone holding DM he is the one dictating play, the build up play goes through him, his exceptional technique, ability to keep the ball, solve tight situations, his passing and vision comes to it's best in that position. Defensively he is the anchor who reads and breaks up play terrificly. In a mid two in the 4-2-3-1 he gets restricted and becomes too static, the space to receive the ball gets too crowded. Defensively he needs to track back, follow his man and run towards our goal more compared to when he sits in front of the defence facing the opposition, those aren't his top qualities.

All his best attributes gains playing him DM in a 4-3-3, all his less good attributes gets exploited in the 4-2-3-1. The 4-3-3 is also more dynamic, as it is now our play is mor or less pass it aound at the back and then let Mings kick it long. Compare that to the end of last season and the build up play we had, with DS screaming "Dougie Dougie" every time we started an attack.    

Agree with all of that but per my post just now - he’s only 22 and it will benefit him long term to learn to play in either system. 

And my autocorrect almost made that ‘play in either sister’ which is an interesting thought. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Luiz was the better out of our midfielders 

Id be suprised if city come in for him this summer though as he has not hig the heights of last summer

If the buy back clause is too cheap they won't care. Loan him out for a season to Spain again or just make a profit with a loan to buy, they have a few options but I think they try and get him back.

Going through the motions, probably been told by his agent City aren’t interested and is comfortable with his contract here so is more concerned with his internet profile and his haircut for the rest of the season than playing at his best. Sadly we have Trez out injured who has far less talent but works his arse off and Douglas who could be a real player but has his priorities elsewhere.

45 minutes ago, smg said:

Going through the motions, probably been told by his agent City aren’t interested and is comfortable with his contract here so is more concerned with his internet profile and his haircut for the rest of the season than playing at his best. Sadly we have Trez out injured who has far less talent but works his arse off and Douglas who could be a real player but has his priorities elsewhere.

I don’t think it’s that. He was nearly substituted for an injury but desperate to stay on. He is struggling for confidence and form like many in the team. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, smg said:

I don’t get that feeling about him at all. I suspect that it is just age/experience acting as a barrier to consistent form at the moment. That and the lack of quality alongside him. Put him in a midfield three alongside Bissouma and Grealish and he will find his consistency.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, smg said:

What a crock of shit. Why are you making this nonsense up?

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, smg said:

Yes I get the feeling hes just going through the motions 

57 minutes ago, lexicon said:

What a crock of shit. Why are you making this nonsense up?

It’s a forum , it’s where you post opinions, that’s mine, just because you have a different opinion doesn’t make it a croc of shit or nonsense.

28 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes I get the feeling hes just going through the motions 

I think he is too but I wouldn't go as far as to say the other things 

Its just that kind of a season, it's done, we can't go down, we won't be qualifying for Europe, he's hit cruise control, lacking motivation, not even got Brazil international call ups to perform for, he's playing for nothing 

The man City stuff and the hair cuts stuff is bollocks 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, smg said:

It’s a forum , it’s where you post opinions, that’s mine, just because you have a different opinion doesn’t make it a croc of shit or nonsense.

Yes and my opinion is that it's unsubstantiated bollocks. 

• Haha 1

Â