Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

trash.

overrated player, weak, slow, not athletic, dallies on the ball, i really dont think he offers much.

he is the epitome of a nothing player imo.

Couldn’t agree more. He offers absolutely nothing. He’s not good defensively, he not good going forward, he doesn’t win headers and his set pieces are as bad as I’ve ever seen. 
And I think the worst thing of all. I think he thinks he’s Fernandinho. 

• Like 1

Jesus. The dude never has any options when he receives the ball. So he is forced to go back. When players actually come short and want to play football he is central to everything we do. Probably our 4th most important player behind Mings, Martinez and Buendia. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, the_eristic said:

Started our only effective forays forward, really, but was largely left to be trampled by the much larger and more aggressive Newcastle midfield. McGinn is his biggest problem.

Exactly. Was there a single time mcginn even came short for Luiz in that game and then did anything with the ball?

It can't always be buendia or ramsey coming short. You get predictable.

He actually defended well. They didn't really have any opportunities aside from a couple of saint maximan dribbles and basically no one in the division can stop him anyway. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Jesus. The dude never has any options when he receives the ball. So he is forced to go back. When players actually come short and want to play football he is central to everything we do. Probably our 4th most important player behind Mings, Martinez and Buendia. 

Nah...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Nah...

We had 63% possession today. That doesn't happen without Luiz. We just need to consistently make good runs, or come short for him. As he's very good at playing short football or playing balls over the top. We just don't play to his strengths really. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

We had 63% possession today. That doesn't happen without Luiz. We just need to consistently make good runs, or come short for him. As he's very good at playing short football or playing balls over the top. We just don't play to his strengths really. 

It’s easy to pass the ball round the back and kick it long. Luiz offers nothing exceptional to that. 

Not sure if anyone has thought about this but we do have a 23yr old and 20yr old in the 3 in the middle. I think McGinn needs the biggest kick up the arse tbh because his passing has been woeful. He's running around like Trezeguet atm without doing an awful lot. 

Both Luiz and Ramsey are well behind McGinn as far as development go yet both are performing better than him currently imo. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tinker said:

Our midfield looks terrible in this system be a bit unfair to single him out for any criticism but ....why does he continue to take free kicks when he hasn't scored one in 4 years, it's so frustrating. 

I dont think hes ever scored a free kick, and hasn't scored at all for a number of years.

Can only assume he nails them in training? Given that a direct free kick decided today's game, we could really do with getting this right.

I am not entirely sure what he is good at eg what position he may have flourish in. I know one thing he isn't certainly a defensive midfielder. To me right now he is the Brazil Steve Sidwell. Jack of all trades, master of none. Generic midfield central.

Also he can't take a decent free kick.

Just now, Pissflaps said:

I am not entirely sure what he is good at eg what position he may have flourish in. I know one thing he isn't certainly a defensive midfielder. To me right now he is the Brazil Steve Sidwell. Jack of all trades, master of none. Generic midfield central.

Also he can't take a decent free kick.

At least Sidwell chipped in with a goal every now and then.

2 minutes ago, Risso said:

Getting a bit sick of waiting for him to reach his potential. What is he actually good at?

pulling the wool over some peoples eyes, and convincing them he's good at something.

2 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

Not sure if anyone has thought about this but we do have a 23yr old and 20yr old in the 3 in the middle. I think McGinn needs the biggest kick up the arse tbh because his passing has been woeful. He's running around like Trezeguet atm without doing an awful lot. 

Both Luiz and Ramsey are well behind McGinn as far as development go yet both are performing better than him currently imo. 

neither Luiz or McGinn are good enough for a premier league team with desire beyond a bottom half finish imo.

Â