Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

On the edge of the box and risk conceding a penalty?

Well steamed in was probably a poor choice of word! But his attempted block looked very lazy to me.

He had a good game overall though. 

Edited by birdman
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Killeen30 said:

New contract soon I’d imagine.

I think that's unlikely. I get the feeling he wants to leave probably for personal reasons having not settled in England/Birmingham. We were kind of open to offers for him is view I get from the various things I've read, if we could sign a replacement (ie JWP)

1 hour ago, Killeen30 said:

New contract soon I’d imagine.

I don't think he'd sign one or he'd have had one last summer when he'd been our best player post Covid.

Possibly he was holding out for City until that expired (maybe the slump in form?) And he'll sign one now. But I think we'll move him on.

I'd like to see him sign as we all know he's very capable I'm just not sure he will

Hmm, maybe I’ve missed something. I always got the feeling he loved being a Villa. Just going from his social media posts! For that reason, I think he’ll be one of the next first team to players to extend his stay at Villa Park by signing a new deal.

• Like 1

He's definitely got something to prove this season, I can't wait to see if he can perform at the levels we've seen in the past. He's undoubtedly got the talent, he fits a Dean Smith side really well and he just needs to become more consistent now. 

10 hours ago, CVByrne said:

I think that's unlikely. I get the feeling he wants to leave probably for personal reasons having not settled in England/Birmingham. We were kind of open to offers for him is view I get from the various things I've read, if we could sign a replacement (ie JWP)

I've seen no sign of him unhappy at the club or unsettled in the area so what gives you that feeling?

• Like 1

On 31/08/2021 at 09:57, Davkaus said:

Young was directly next to Toney seconds before, and then just wanders off until you see him there, standing in the middle of nowhere marking nobody.

shall we call him "nowhere man"

poor marking for sure.

On 31/08/2021 at 19:36, blandy said:

My MotM on Saturday. Brentford’s goal wasn’t remotely his fault from my viewpoint, unless he was supposed to be marking Toney/ the space Toney was in, which appeared to be either Axel or Carney’s job.

Watched it back several times and putting blame on Luiz for goal is ridiculous nit picking. Only one rushing out to try prevent the cut back. Did everything right and was unlucky not to block

• Like 1

5 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Didn’t he came back from vacation earlier than he should because we’ve needed him? Isn’t that a big wign about how much he cares?

There’s lots of wigners on this forum mate!

• Haha 1

Â