Björn Engels

Delphinho123

10 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Something weird is going on here. Training, not training. He has hardly played for most of this year. Smith doesn't rate him and he will be gone by next season.

Or he is injured since he played the last games before lockdown and was on the bench 2 games ago

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I've always wondered how the club's insurance cover stuff like that. It's obvious a career ending injury can be covered (well I assume). But how about those who are out for years with small physical stuff or even mental stuff. Can that be covered too?

Like us signing Collymore for instance.

But fwiw pulled thigh muscles can be pretty severe. I tore off a groin muscle during the summer and I still can't have a proper ****.

Players have their own personal insurance. The FA has insurance for players getting crocked on international duty. I presume clubs have insurance against the value of a player should a career ending injury occure but wages I would be very surprised

Perhaps this is somewhat off topic but the subject of Engel's curious injury habits got me thinking.  How detailed would the precise medical care and appreciation of a player's physiology be for Aston Villa?  Could this be studied before a player is purchased?  I'm guessing a player's development would intersect quite heavily with a thorough medical analysis, but how thorough is that?

For example, my physio's identification of tight hamstrings and underdeveloped knee caps has helped me adapt my running and training style considerably with far less risk of injury.  Do players get similarly tailored advice?  Are there any examples, apart from extreme cases like Mario Gotze (which isn't really what I'm talking about anyway), wherein some less evident physical anomaly has forced a player to make major changes in their approach to the game?

2 hours ago, Shomin Geki said:

Perhaps this is somewhat off topic but the subject of Engel's curious injury habits got me thinking.  How detailed would the precise medical care and appreciation of a player's physiology be for Aston Villa?  Could this be studied before a player is purchased?  I'm guessing a player's development would intersect quite heavily with a thorough medical analysis, but how thorough is that?

For example, my physio's identification of tight hamstrings and underdeveloped knee caps has helped me adapt my running and training style considerably with far less risk of injury.  Do players get similarly tailored advice?  Are there any examples, apart from extreme cases like Mario Gotze (which isn't really what I'm talking about anyway), wherein some less evident physical anomaly has forced a player to make major changes in their approach to the game?

Yes I’d assume everything is examined in detail and approach to training and games is tailored for each player.   
These are multi-million pound assets where every 1% counts!

7 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Something weird is going on here. Training, not training. He has hardly played for most of this year. Smith doesn't rate him and he will be gone by next season.

Easier said than done, Who wants to pay money for unreliable injury prone players. 

We would have to sell him back to ourselves 😂

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Kingman said:

Easier said than done, Who wants to pay money for unreliable injury prone players. 

We would have to sell him back to ourselves 😂

😂

Dog What GIF

(That's got me quite confused. It doesn't take much).

22 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

even when fit he seems to be 4th choice now...i have also had suspicions about whether he's actually injured or not following rumours of a falling out with smith. i actually rate him, more so than hause, but for whatever reason it's just not worked out for him here. shame.

I don't think there is any falling out with Smith or disciplinary reasons, but I think there might possibly be a psychological/confidence issue as well as the injuries.

Just speculation of course.

19 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think Smith does not think he is quick or physical enough for the PL. On all other counts is a lot better technically than Hause. Definitely a Suso signing.

Huh???  Smith reportedly tried to sign him for Brentford as a replacement for Mepham.  

• Like 1

On 20/11/2020 at 14:09, sne said:

I don't think there is any falling out with Smith or disciplinary reasons, but I think there might possibly be a psychological/confidence issue as well as the injuries.

Just speculation of course.

Was also a story of one of our players suffering badly due to Covid because they had either underlying conditions or family issues. It would make sense if this was Engels actually

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

What prompted that, on a Saturday morning?

I just read an article about Ross's injury, and it said he was injured. I presume that's it Delphino? Bit harsh though!

11 minutes ago, Rolta said:

I just read an article about Ross's injury, and it said he was injured. I presume that's it Delphino? Bit harsh though!

Maybe that is what was behind it, but it would be a terrible reason to call somebody 'a complete joke'.

• Like 4

Â