Björn Engels

Delphinho123

Impressed me early doors but let's be honest, and alluding to what Jack hinted at during his contract interview....we are planning to do big things.

Guilbert. Engels. It is quite possible the club view them as served a purpose and has much higher aspirations the next 3 windows.

Are either of them going to improve that much? Marginal I suspect. Good squad players but I predict we will adding much more quality the next 2 years.

• Like 1

I still believe there is a player in there, he just seems to struggle with injuries a lot. There might be some behind the scenes stuff going on, but that is pretty much all speculation.

we have seen the player Engels can be (opening game against spurs last season). He had some bad performances too of course, but could that also be because he wasn’t 100% fit? I would give him another season, if there is no improvement we can still sell him.

Edited by AXD
Typo

21 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Your knowledge of the behind the scenes workings of a number of football clubs, along with the inner most thoughts of a host of managers, is truly outstanding. 

more amazing his ability to rate players without seeing them play

• Haha 2

On 19/09/2020 at 09:37, Vincenzo said:

He looks a classy player but has a serious lack of pace which is essential for a top defender in this league. Otherwise it will be targeted by other teams constantly....we’d do the same

JT had no pace and did ok or has it got even quicker since then? Its not like we play with a particularly  high line.

I don't know for the life of me what it actually is, but there's a flavour of ice-cream in Germany called "Engelblau" (Blue Angel).  In those heady Teutonic summers of the mid 90's, when the Eis van cometh, I'd have one scoop of Engelblau and one of stracciatella and it was truly most delicious ice-cream I've ever had.  I am reminded of these halcyon days of dessert whenever I see Engels' name, and for that reason alone I'd be gutted to see him go.

Edited by GarethRDR
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

His situation is confusing. I can only think his lack of pace when he played in a 3 at the back, has led to a lack of confidence in him 

Mornin pissflaps, how's it hangin pal

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

I don't know for the life of me what it actually is, but there's a flavour of ice-cream in Germany called "Engelblau" (Blue Angel).  In those heady Teutonic summers of the mid 90's, when the Eis van cometh, I'd have one scoop of Engelblau and one of stracciatella and it was truly most delicious ice-cream I've ever had.  I am reminded of these halcyon days of dessert whenever I see Engels' name, and for that reason alone I'd be gutted to see him go.

Synesthesia? The name Milot Rashica, gives me the taste and flavour of a purple skittle. 🤷‍♂️

On 21/09/2020 at 10:59, The Fun Factory said:

JT had no pace and did ok or has it got even quicker since then? Its not like we play with a particularly  high line.

John Terry was different class, could read the game so well. Plus he had better players around him

Â