Björn Engels

Delphinho123

9 hours ago, MaVilla said:

He will be a really good player for us I think, especially in a back 3.

Only issue is who does he replace now?, I cant honestly say hause or konsa have done anything to deserve dropping at the moment?

He'll have to bide his time until there's an injury or drop in form.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

He struggled v Southampton, has he played since? Could've just decided to take him out for a few weeks. I assume he's injured though given he's not on the bench.

He played Fulham I'm sure. But other than that I think you're right.

2 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Perhaps found out that he is too slow and too slow in the turn to cut it in the PL, I would still play him over Hause though.

Is he that slow? 

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/revealed-six-fastest-players-premier-league

The six fastest recorded speeds in the Premier League have been revealed and Leicester City's Caglar Soyuncu tops the list.

Published
14 December 2019

The Leicester defender's recorded sprint speed was a staggering 23.3mph, as reported by Give Me Sport.

Soyuncu has formed a formidable partnership with Johnny Evans at the heart of the Foxes' defence.

Leicester have conceded the fewest goals in the Premier League so far this season and Brendan Rodgers side find themselves second in the table.

The next quickest player this season is Southampton's Irish striker Shane Long - clocking a speed of 23.2mph.

The 32-year-old is maintaining his blistering pace as he edges into the twilight years of his career.

In third place is Manchester City's Phil Foden who, despite only racking up 83 minutes in the league, has managed to record a 23.1mph sprint speed.

Foden's City teammate Kyle Walker was joint fourth along with Aston Villa defender Bjorn Engels - the pair were each recorded as running at 22.9mph this season.

Finally, rounding off the six fastest players of the season so far is Newcastle United's Allan Saint-Maxim.

The Frenchman recorded a top speed of 22.8mph in his debut season for the Magpies.

However, much to the Toon faithful's despair, Saint-Maximin injured his hamstring last week - and Steve Bruce reckons it was because he was going so fast.

"He pulled his hamstring doing 22.8mph. I don’t think anybody has run that fast in the Premier League for us before, so what can you do?" Bruce said, per The Sun.

"He ran 30, 40, 50 yards to chase the ball. It was proper sprinting. We all know he’s got lightning pace and he’s got such a low centre of gravity.

"He’s explosive and when you run the way he does, then you’re always a bit susceptible, I suppose. We’ll kick ourselves but, unfortunately, these things happen.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

looking where are you GIF by The Academy Awards

not in the squad again... 

2 minutes ago, Hobbit Feet said:

Something fishy going on here.

yeah, something not right.

Hes one of our best defenders, should at a minimum be on the bench.

Unless there is a very good reason for him not being in the squad, this for me is another one of those wacky/strange decisions by Deano (akin to Taylor over Targett, Elmo over Guilbert, playing Lansbury form the start in the Prem etc)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, matteyp said:

I guess he's deceptively slow then.  Or he has a slow first step.  Or he's carrying an injury.  He looked like he was running through treacle in the Southampton game.

Yeah he didn't seem sharp to me.  As I mentioned in the match thread it may just be that Chester has nudged ahead of him as the 4th choice centre half.  Maybe Dean sees his leadership and experience more valuable if he did have to bring on a centre half for whatever reason.

I think from what we've seen this season he'd be perfect playing centre, centre half, migs oon the left, konsa on the right. I think with thw new formation and when Samatta plays the outside full backs can deiver deep crosses and I think Mings would be ebtter than house to do this. Engels would fir this centre role perfectly. 
I echo the above comments - I'd like to kno what's gone on, something seems amiss

• Like 2

Â